• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
I am sooooo exciting for the Cyberpunk 2077 release this year. It was pushed back from April to September...bummed out, but still soooo excited.

This game is done by the same company that did The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

I LOVE the Witcher 3...in fact, I started playing it again after watching The Witcher series on Netflix.

I think I might change my cat's name to Roach...he seems like a Roach...

Here is a great "inside look" at this upcoming masterpiece:

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-trailer-gameplay/

Well - about a month ago, someone did an approximate 4 year thread necro...so...

Anyway, this game will be sooo cool!

Since this seems to be the latest CP2077 thread. Just watched the Twitch broadcast on it (hope the link to the saved recording works...)

Seems like there's going to be an investigation aspect to it, but not crazy about the whole "the recording can pick up EVERYTHING" concept. Things like that are always a reality breaker for me, like it steps over plausible scifi/technology limits and starts bordering on fantasy.

I pre-ordered over the summer, hope my RTX2080 can max it out at 1080p.

RTX3080 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077:

I pre-ordered over the summer, hope my RTX2080 can max it out at 1080p.

RTX3080 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077:

For 1080p, I would be surprised if it wouldn't . I've got the same card and it can push RDR2 at 1440p ultra settings, 2x AA and maintain a somewhat steady 55-60fps, and that was without DLSS.

Discussion starts around the 7.30 mark.

Video of two editors (one from Giant Bomb and the other CNET).

NSFW language but the game is M so take that for what you will.

From their discussion it sounds like there's a fair amount of bugs and such, at least on PC.

Discussion starts around the 7.30 mark.

Video of two editors (one from Giant Bomb and the other CNET).

NSFW language but the game is M so take that for what you will.

From their discussion it sounds like there's a fair amount of bugs and such, at least on PC.

Watching it now. Bugs I'm surprisingly OK with. In general, they can be patched/modded out.

What concerns me more is they bring up how there's a path for every playstyle in every mission. Like they're talking about going through the front entrance of a building and there's a charisma check, but then there's a stealth check around the corner if you went that route.

IMO, that takes away a bit of the fun, even if I just go in guns blazing 9 times out of 10 if things don't go my way.

Since I live in Poland and the game is pretty much Polish too, then believe me, I'm sick of Cyberpunk already and probably will be the same as with the Witcher 3 which I had (got a free copy) but never even played. Here, you can find Cyberpunk posters, banners, TV/radio commercials, a lot of garbage marked with CB logos, etc., everywhere, and not only now but for long months already. Literally everywhere ... there are posters next to potatoes in grocery stores ...

Well... there's still time for them to delay it again! :D

Seriously though... I'm still on the fence about this one. My best friend already bought it and pre-ordered it... and has it downloaded and ready to go. I think I'll wait and hear from HIM what he thinks about it before I make the plunge.

I'm probably the biggest Watch Dogs fan on this planet... but even *I* was disappointed by Legion. So he waited to hear it from me... This time I'll wait to hear it from him! :beer:

Anyone else pick it up?

Kills my system at 1440P, guess my GTX 1080 needs to get retired as soon as the shortages disappear.

Although I'm aware it existed it didn't seem the kinda thing I'm interested in. I've been watching others play it in the last day or so, which confirms it isn't my type of game, and I don't even think I want to watch it. BUT I love the outside world visuals. I wish I can get this just to look around and not play the game. Seriously, that's what I did with GTAV!

Performance wise, I wish they offered either a trial/demo version, or even a stand alone benchmark. I understand they have previously said there would not be a demo.

Have about an hour or 2 in so far...Reminds me of Fallout 3 a bit with some Arkham Asylum, and F.E.A.R...but I am just at the earliest stages. I went with intelligents, Hacker. Cool, and Nomad....and its not Hacker but I already forgot what the 3rd attribute was, that I put points into. lol

I like it because whatever I read about it I have forgotten or didn't understand...So it is refreshing to play a game where I have no expectations of what it is or what I am up to.. Been a long time since I played a game where I knew nothing about it.

The W3 was top 5 game for me so I am looking forward to what Cdred has done.

Playing on Normal...I forgot to check the default settings on my 1080 Ti. I kept fah going on my 2nd slot which is a 2060. Might try switching around at some point, but still hoping a 3080 pops up somewhere.

Last edited:
Same here, first game where I don't know much about prior to playing it. Only 2 hours in but fun so far, no crashes or bugs yet for me.

Anyone else pick it up?

Kills my system at 1440P, guess my GTX 1080 needs to get retired as soon as the shortages disappear.
With all the so-so reviews and various negative press like the seizure bs I figure it will be one of those titles that goes on sale pretty quick. If the price goes down enough I'll probably pick it up but not something I was particularly looking forward to. I'm more interested in seeing it push the 3080 like it is supposed to.

With all the so-so reviews and various negative press like the seizure bs I figure it will be one of those titles that goes on sale pretty quick. If the price goes down enough I'll probably pick it up but not something I was particularly looking forward to. I'm more interested in seeing it push the 3080 like it is supposed to.
That is what I say until I hear more and more about a game , which inevitably causes me to buy it...LOL

Back