• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got this game right when it came out and immediately knew it wasn't done yet. At this point I think it's almost safe to play. Then again I almost feel like waiting for more mods to come out. Maybe play the vanilla game now and then again with mods in 10 years like I did with skyrim. Decisions.

It's plenty safe to play now, and the only mod that really stands out as useful (and cool) is the flying cars/bikes mod, fun to explore places you couldn't get to before and much easier to get around if you're doing all the gigs and police scan jobs 👍

It's plenty safe to play now, and the only mod that really stands out as useful (and cool) is the flying cars/bikes mod, fun to explore places you couldn't get to before and much easier to get around if you're doing all the gigs and police scan jobs 👍
I guess I'll try that one and maybe play around with reshades a bit. Perfect time to finally play with an rtx 4090 and all eye candy.

I started playing and did the "heist" and I guess I got killed in some way and ended up with some program/virus or something like that and was flashing in and out to Johnny mnemonic. The game has a lot of customizing to it. I need to learn more about the game. I like running the people over in the streets hehehehehe

When will I have time in life to play this game again? It's getting harder and harder for me to play PC games. Don't know why. I have my PC and consoles hooked-up to the same 4K tv. Wireless keyboard and mouse. Hell... I was even using a PS4 controller with Watch Dogs Legion!

I had that Cyberpunk, and that weird 70s detective game all going at the same time during the Pandemic. Then all of a sudden one day... I just STOPPED.

Maybe it was Cyberpunk that broke the camel's back! :D

It happens. Things in life take place. Since I've been recovering from cancer this year :mad:I have been playing a lot of games, I Love Farcry. Oh and now I'm retired so that helped too. :clap:

It happens. Things in life take place. Since I've been recovering from cancer this year :mad:I have been playing a lot of games, I Love Farcry. Oh and now I'm retired so that helped too. :clap:

Well, that's just it... I find the time to play Console games... (that's the part I forgot to mention earlier). And all my consoles are hooked-up to the same TV I've got my PC hooked up to...

But, try as I might, I can't even play a PC game for five minutes. I can play my Consoles for at least half an hour a clip.

Controller Vs keyboard+mouse dilema ?

You'll find driving around MUCH easier with a controller... But I think there's way too many controls for a controller... You have to double press a lot of buttons to get some things to work with a controller.

I just got back into the game last night. It's far less annoying than I remember it being. I guess they must've smoothed out most of the bugs and streamlined the overall experience. I remember having great difficulty figuring out what I was supposed to be doing before. Now it's all pretty clear. (Just wish I knew where my car and apartment were...)

Just wish I knew where my car and apartment were...)
You can toggle on/off what you want/need to see on the map, top left corner (y)

I never liked using a controller for FPS, the aiming is generally garbage compared to keyboard+mouse, but it is usually better/smoother for driving, definitely, was actually thinking of getting one for Forza 5 on my PC. Only thing they need to tweak now is the constant FPS loss in every patch, from what I read one of the things they've been doing is the same as Metro Exodus, changing regular lights/shadows for RT, and the impact is noticeable every single time. I dropped (on average) 20fps-30fps from the original version :shrug:

I've been playing with a mouse/keyboard from day one, Doom. I have a controller and would love to be able to run it but I just can't seem to.

Controller and FPS FPP/TPP on a PC is.............yikes. On a console, there isn't much choice, but FPS on a PC? Controllers might as well be a impediment (for me).

EDIT: In cross-platform games, it's obvious, almost painfully obvious, who plays with a controller versus a mouse.

Last edited:
I never could figure out how to play a FPS with a controller. Pretty much kept me from buying a console. Of course I didn't try very hard...

I never could figure out how to play a FPS with a controller. Pretty much kept me from buying a console. Of course I didn't try very hard...

I did. When my last "official" ex dumped me I put my heart and soul into Killzone: Liberation on the PS4... playing as the Sniper class at that.

I was terrible in the beginning... but as I had no girlfriend, no money, and no job at the time... I simply poured my heart and soul into it and became AMAZING. I was never the best at any FPS. Never the highest scorer... but I was in that game. One of the rare moments were I understood the mechanics of a game down to the tiniest detail. And all this with a controller.

night_city_rain.jpeg

Cyberpunk is a really beautiful game when you walk outside and see something like this.

I swear if they hadn't screwed up so badly this would've been the next Final Fantasy VII. They would've been talking about it and remaking it for decades to come. I've got the latest version running now an there are STILL bugs and main story problems that they never got around to fixing.

But it's still gorgeous and ambitious. They aimed high... and almost nailed it.

This is interesting

This feels about right:

"As a programmer I have a small theory on this mystery in Cyberpunk, It won't solve the whole mystery, but perhaps I can add something. The statue says FF:06:B5... converted to integer it becomes 255:06:181. These numbers don't mean a lot by themselves and many has figured out if you look up the RGB value it turns out to be magenta, which coincidentally is the same color as the other deity holding two glowing magenta orbs.

However, if you look up these numbers in an extended ASCII table, they convert to:
- NULL/nothing : ACK : µ

Let's play with that.... ACK is shorthand for "Acknowledgement", So I just loosely interpreted the message as "nothing acknowledges you" (NULL : ACK : µ). I can't make much more sense of "NULL" or "µ" than this quite loose interpretation. HOWEVER, one thing that is interesting about ACK is that a lot of our current communication protocols are based on "acknowledgement". A good example of this is the internet's Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). Whenever you receive packets of data you send back a packet with an ACK bit to confirm the transaction. The fact that 06 is ACK in the extended ASCII table can't be coincidental, and I am getting a feeling that this is some kind of digital god or deity. Likely having some connection to "the old net", which likely used either TCP or something similar. The deity holding two orbs can also be looked as a deity holding two worlds. The old net behind the black wall, and the current net. And it makes sense as sentient AIs roams the old net. Humans have always revered the divine power of creation, and it would make sense for people to actually worship something like "the old net"

Interestingly this kind of human acknowledgement towards each other is something that the monks preach, to get rid of the implants, to see each other, to acknowledge each other.... something that has been lost over time in the world of Cyberpunk. So it feels like a pretty legit message. :)"

In my opinion ⇾ NULL/nothing : ACK : µ ⇾ µ reads as I (greek for water) ⇾ "nothing acknowledges me", which goes well with the "No Future" message that pops up everywhere (because you die no matter the ending). Or there's a rogue AI trapped somewhere in the game and the monks somehow tapped into it, and we have to find it?

Sidenote, here's another interesting nod to Bladerunner in the Columbarium:

Roy Batty.jpg

Last edited:
Back