• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Link Inbound Filter on Virtual Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TylerDurden1985

Registered
Hi everyone

I'm trying to block a specific IP address from accessing my computer (a site has been pinging me constantly).

Long story short, I created an inbound filter and it seems to be doing nothing. I took all the normal troubleshooting steps, and updated the firmware etc, still not working.

Finally I stumbled on someone with the same issue, and they went and enabled the inbound filter in the virtual server section and that did the trick. I'm trying to do this myself, and I want to block access to all ports from that IP address since it has been seemingly scanning all my ports systematically. However, in the virtual server filter setup it only seems to let me select a single TCP or UDP port at a time, and if I leave them blank it gives me a message saying I have to enter a port.

So my question is: is there a way to add an inbound filter to the virtual server filters on a d-link router where it will block ALL ports for a specific IP address?

Back