• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D1 stepping 1.8a SL6QL. Weirdness if true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, i got it fired up today. i set the fsb right to 185, and it booted no problems. i got into windows, and i opened up cpu-z, and it is indeed a D1. the asus board is overvolting, as it reading 1.6 volts, but it is set at default in the bios. im the granite bay board. i am gonna see if i can go higher on default, and then stress test. very nice chip.:D

A 1.8a that runs 190fsb is not a bad thing. I'd give it some voltage for sure. My C1 chip needs every bit of 1.71V to stabilize at 190fsb, and I'd surely try 1.6V on yours, even 1.65V if it pays dividends. 1.65V and down is all pretty safe.

larva said:
A 1.8a that runs 190fsb is not a bad thing. I'd give it some voltage for sure. My C1 chip needs every bit of 1.71V to stabilize at 190fsb, and I'd surely try 1.6V on yours, even 1.65V if it pays dividends. 1.65V and down is all pretty safe.
i think that i need to reformat the drive. i will do it tomorrow.;)

larva said:
only thing that sucks about giving it more voltage, is that it does 185 on default, and i would have to pump it up to 1.7 to get to 190.:( i think that i would rather stay at 185, to make the chip run cooler.

i have been busy, and i have not reinstalled the os yet.:(

well, i reinstalled today. i have the system set to 180 fsb. i tested for stability at that speed, and its completly stable. i am not really interested in raising the voltage right now at this point. the chip was about the same as the chip in my sig, which i have since replaced with the chip we are talking about. im happy with it.:)

Back