• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daily overclock i7 4790k 4.7Ghz RESULTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BonaOver

Registered
Finally got all my hardware from the mail and went for my daily overclock project, at the start my plan was to go for 4.5Ghz, but luckly, my chip did pretty good and I managed to achieve a stable 4.7Ghz overclock runing with 1.320V.

Max temp on all cores was 75C, on AIDA64 30min test, HITMAN playing for around 2~3h managed to never go over 74C, most of the times it was around 60~65C.

34DjIFJ.png
1dWLYVu.png
FIRE STRIKE 1.1
S5q4A3k.png

Great results and I'm very happy with it ! Plus, I managed to achieve a 1500Mhz boost clock on the GTX980, which added with my CPU overclock I got around 10~40 fps in games.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
LOL [email protected] - He did, with AIDA64... (though only 30 mins)...You seem to insist, in every thread (lol), to test with P95... to each their own my man. :)

Anyhoo, if its working for your uses OP, then you are set. If you end up BSOD, then I would run AIDA a lot longer. Typically we suggest at least two hours.

OP
BonaOver

BonaOver

Registered
LOL [email protected] - He did, with AIDA64... (though only 30 mins)...You seem to insist, in every thread (lol), to test with P95... to each their own my man. :)

Anyhoo, if its working for your uses OP, then you are set. If you end up BSOD, then I would run AIDA a lot longer. Typically we suggest at least two hours.

Well after a lot of tests my end results are 4.7 with 1 and 2 cores and 4.6 with 3 and 4, GPU I had to go down to 1400Mhz since 1500Mhz works in some games but crashes in others

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Any reason you chose to not have ALL cores at the same clockspeed? Perhaps its my OCD kicking in, but, there really isn't a point to have it like that IMO. Either back them all down to 4.6 or raise them all up to 4.7 is my take! :clap:

OP
BonaOver

BonaOver

Registered
Any reason you chose to not have ALL cores at the same clockspeed? Perhaps its my OCD kicking in, but, there really isn't a point to have it like that IMO. Either back them all down to 4.6 or raise them all up to 4.7 is my take! :clap:

Temperature, getting to hot when stable

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
How much does it go up? You mentioned 75C in the first post... and that temp is perfectly fine. We typically state to keep it under 90C while stress testing... ;)

OP
BonaOver

BonaOver

Registered
How much does it go up? You mentioned 75C in the first post... and that temp is perfectly fine. We typically state to keep it under 90C while stress testing... ;)

Well it was reaching near 80, but the bigger problem was the instability

[email protected]

I like prime95 the most also I think it test's all the transistors in the CPU better however some people like AIDA, I think your doing good just give more options.

Ok ;) i will find a few more, I just thought Prime95 would be enough if you do Blend and Small FFT's modes for 6 hours each.

gkline

I use Aida64 and run at least 2 hrs. I was able to get my 4790k to 4.7 with vcore 1.302. Took a lot of tweaking and a very solid Asus Maximus Hero mb. I have an EK Supremacy EVO cpu block on it with 2 R9 290s WC "repurposing" my MO-RA3-420.

BonaOver, how is that AIO Coolermaster Seidon 120V watercooler working? I read some reviews that at higher overclocks it has trouble handling the heat.

Last edited:
OP
BonaOver

BonaOver

Registered
I use Aida64 and run at least 2 hrs. I was able to get my 4790k to 4.7 with vcore 1.302. Took a lot of tweaking and a very solid Asus Maximus Hero mb. I have an EK Supremacy EVO cpu block on it with 2 R9 290s WC "repurposing" my MO-RA3-420.

BonaOver, how is that AIO Coolermaster Seidon 120V watercooler working? I read some reviews that at higher overclocks it has trouble handling the heat.

Well it does a very good work at 4.6ghz, never going over 73C with 100% all cores, but if you have a bad CPU chip it won't matter much, in my case my chip is great but it has some small dents on the heatspread surface... Don't ask me how that **** happened lol. Very good WC for the price, very easy to install and full speed is not loud at all.

MF0CIhO.png

Last edited: