• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daily stats v2.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Basher

Ok another little change. I added up and down arrows to the icons so if you lost any spots since yesterday yours is pointing down, gained any spots it points up. What do you think? Change it back? Keep it? Change it so there are fewer(ie. gain/loose 5 spots)? Don't care? Just figured it would be nice to see who moved since yesterday at a glance. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/id_stats_daily.htm

edit: Oops thanks to Burning Phoenix for the GIF's

Last edited:

Cuper

That's cool. I vote for keeping it with the single movement.:) Thanks for all the work!

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
I'm Proud To Live In Your State!

Basher,

You have definately earned your way into the WebPage Hall of FAME, IMHO!

The animated arrows are a real attention getter and make it easy to get a feeling for how you are doing compared to other crunchers in your immediate area on the chart.

If it doesn't create too much work for you I vote to keep the animated arrows.

SkyHook
:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:
"I Think I'm On FIRE!!!"

OP
Basher

Basher

Re: I'm Proud To Live In Your State!

SkyHook said:
Basher,

You have definately earned your way into the WebPage Hall of FAME, IMHO!

The animated arrows are a real attention getter and make it easy to get a feeling for how you are doing compared to other crunchers in your immediate area on the chart.

If it doesn't create too much work for you I vote to keep the animated arrows.

SkyHook
:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:
"I Think I'm On FIRE!!!"

Everything I add adds 0 time to the updates, it just takes time time to enter the "code" into the sheet.

Greg M

I think the red or green is sufficient for conveying positive or negative movement. It would be nifty to see how many spots up or down so you can easily identify the fast movers.

Cy

I think I would agree that the red/green place numbers are enough to indicate your movement...instead of the arrows if you could show how many spots of movement (as was mentioned above) that would be nice.

Not a big deal to me either way but there it is. ;)

Thanks for your continuing efforts!

Cy

dru

Registered
Basher,

First, thanks again for all your hard work to keep improving the site.

As far as the new animated arrows, I may be confused, do they indicate anything different than the green/red numbers do?

I must admit I found them to be a bit distracting after looking at the pages for a while, but could live with them if others found them useful.

Dave

OP
Basher

Basher

dru said:
Basher,

First, thanks again for all your hard work to keep improving the site.

As far as the new animated arrows, I may be confused, do they indicate anything different than the green/red numbers do?

I must admit I found them to be a bit distracting after looking at the pages for a while, but could live with them if others found them useful.

Dave
Number color means movement for the week
Arrows mean movement since yesterday.

dru

Registered
Basher said:

Number color means movement for the week
Arrows mean movement since yesterday.

Ok, thanks.... at least now I know I was indeed confused. :)

Dave

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
Sean, thanks for all the efford you are doing to keep the stats shine and interesting!!!!!

As for the arrows, as you were saying maybe you can use them better in the weekly status page to indicated weekly movement and change the colors of positions in the daily stats only.....

Either way I like them, the only problem is that I have a down arrow :D