• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damaged card????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I have been trying to hit the 10000 mark with my GF4 mx440. I have gotten close (91xx) but not quit. So I figured if I lap my 1800+ h/s and the gpu core I can cool it better and then push it farther. Well I have it back together now and it does stay MUCH cooler but now it gives me artifacts (severely) even at speeds that were once stable. did I lap to far or have I damaged it by pushing to hard?

DrSpanky

did the mx 440 need lapping? i have noticed on my mx 440 that the heatsink dont get that hot when overclocked to its max stable 375mhz have you changed any drivers of anything to do with the card?
cause i updated everything yesterday and i lost my max overclock without artifacts

OP
woods

woods

the core was concave. The h/s was only making conact with the outside edges. I have done nothing else to it. No driver updates nada.

domstar

I thnik your brave pushing a GF4 440 to 1000 anyway that along way to go. How the hell is that thing stable? My GF4 420 DDR card would ponly push 8987 stable. any sill question, what odes every mean by artifcats?
DoM