• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMIT problem not solved my computer STILL MESSED!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

plz refer to this [ http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1157687#post1157687 ] thread

any way after a succesfull reinstall after a battery pull [which was apparently the only reason for the successfull reinstall]

on 2nt reboot when i changed some bios settings i got the "boot sector change alarm"

i selected dont allow change and i went to my windows setup cd [odd sence its the secont boot device] any way i selected "repair" in caution and it acted normal and every thing went fine [it showed me at least having a windows install] when i rebooted again it gave me the boot sector alarm again!

this time i selected alow change and it went to the windows xp setup again i selected repair and this time it said drive c: was invalid and there was no install found!

DAMIT

i went to AGAIN reinstall and i again got the " boot sector change alarm" i selected allow change for the hell of it and went to reinstall windows again and now i have the same problem as b4

it wont make a fricking partion!! juzz keep cycling back to the previous [email protected]!#[email protected]!^%&%$

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM I DONT GET IT

im gona cry in about 5 sec btw......

OP
natopotato

natopotato

hmm the program that is giving me the "warning" is the bios's built in "virus warning" option

i dont have a virus program but i can get 1 what would u recommend

while i do dl ALOT of stuff i cant think of what might have been a virus... i was dling some ehh questionable stuff day b4 this happend .....

damit and i cant remember if i turned off DMZ after i hosted the multiplayer game.... and what is wierd

i cant get into my rounter control settings
i goto type the psw and it wont accept it... then again iv never even tried to access it from this pc

Maximouse

Theres Norton Anti Virus.

If you do a search on the net you may be able to get some type of checking program quickly.

It may not be, but that Boot sector alarm sets off warning bells in my head and I probably would check to be sure.

Maximouse

natopotato said:
ok btw u have scared the living frickig SH/| outa me

but thx for the suggest ima get on it

Well, judging by your posts in other threads reporting your problems, I dont think it could get worse.

I wouldnt be too scared, If you can identify that it is a virus then you can eliminate it and probably the problems you are having:)

Post your results
Good Luck
Al

OC Detective

**** if you are doing major d/ls especially P2P you definitely need an anti-virus program! I use PC_Cillin - I like it because you can set it up to warn you during surfing of potential virii

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well ive reinstalled windoze 4 times today.i had a similer problem also. same errors i had even after i reinstalled system files again.

my solution was to reformat and do it all again.
even then i had to reinstall the system files again. its couse i cant stand not running my cpu wide open oced @2ghz.
my psu is almost dead, so its cousing crazy errors.

its getten replaced next week.so i just run now at [email protected] 1837 mem 4:5 ratio. actually i get pretty killer bandwith benchies this way. im suprised.

im thinking the problem is from ocing. try running stock speeds and see if it clears up?

OP
natopotato

natopotato

god i cant take this any more

im trien to get the gay trial version of nortons to make a Fu/cing boot disk and its want like 499 floppys damit i hate fuggen flppys im trien to make a bootsector fix disk

i juz restarted my computer and my cd burn went !!!!!!BERRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........BERRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............BERRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

scared the hell outa me i dont have a status light on my drive now

wtf is goen on [email protected]#[email protected]^$ ^$#^*$*(%((%$#@#@$E!#@^%[email protected]&%^ *$%T$#@^^%$*$^%&$#@%%R$W^#*^Y%[email protected]&@^$$%#@%#@^[email protected]

OP
natopotato

natopotato

this is realy flippen me out i cant get any thing to work can sombody tell me what i need that i can run via floppy soi can check for virus on my hdd

i cant use a fricken rescue disk cuz i did not make 1 on my pc b4 my crash

so i need a standallone system checker

:(:(:(:(:(:(

OP
natopotato

natopotato

dude WOW thx for the link i dl a few that sounded good hope i can get them to workshould use

leme know if there are any in perticular that u think i

Maximouse

natopotato said:
dude WOW thx for the link i dl a few that sounded good hope i can get them to workshould use

leme know if there are any in perticular that u think i

Try the Mcafee programs. I seem to remember using it awhile back.

The Coolest

Dude! Viruses can cause major damage or problems... if I were you I'd try to write Zeros to the HDD (aka. low level format or LLF) this will eliminate all the info on the HD tho, it has a major downside to it, but it may save your HD, it won't help u having all the data on an HD that you can't use. I think you should do it if no Antivirus programs can do anything to fix your problem. I think its the only way out

OP
natopotato

natopotato

ok its not a VIRUS i dont think

the reason is that the hdd works fine on my other pc and it worked after i did a hard battery reset

i think there is a problem with my mobo and i am quite shure there is another problem with my mobo becuz i have to wiggle the power cable on the mobo to get it to work sometimes so i am gona RMA my mobo

and go from there

thx guyz

BTW my 40gig maxtor that had fat partition on is worken fine on my dads pc

MY MOVIES ARE SAFE :D:D:D:D:D:D

i think my 80 gig can be retrieved also but ill work on that later im writing this on my fresh windows install on my hdd in my dads pc so im pretty shure its fine

but i did a low level format juz to be safe

thx guyz ill keep u posted when i get my new mobo

Maximouse

Good to hear your data is safe:)

Keep the virus programs handy just in case.:D

Sounds like the connector on your motherboard is bad, best to Rma it:)

Al