• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dammit, why is the temp so high? Do i need thermal paste ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Conrad, you will be fine using acetone on the cpu, i have used worse solvents and been fine, just dont bathe it in the stuff. Please edit the first word of your post, i am not offended by it, but there are people as young as 11 years old who run into these forums, and thus we have to keep it clean. All you need to do is to hit the modify button at the top of your post and then you can change it. And thanks for apoligizing for it too. As Coling said, go to artic silver's website and read their application instructions, they work for any paste. Your temps are high, but they aren't going to get too much better with the orb, you really should have stuck with the Fop38, the noise you get used to. Most deaf's comment was very good about getting a quieter fan such as the YS tech fan, you get the good cooling of your excellent fop with a quieter fan.

woahhhhhhhh didn't realise quite how many posts I would get about this! :d

I have edited the word that is best left nameless, and i ave done alot of reading, My site is indeed new, and so I am sort a relying on ur guys help al little! U guys do good work

Thanks a bunch everyone

Conrad

Haven't been able to get hold of my Acetone, Will white spirit be safe?

I have heard things like WD40 are a definite NO NO!

anyone?

Spode??

Conrad.

Your temps are high, but they aren't going to get too much better with the orb, you really should have stuck with the Fop38

I AM STICKING WITH THE FOP, only, i need to review this first....

How would i fit a YS-tech fan, where do they come from, and for how much

Thanks,

Conrad

Conrad Acetone is the same as nail polish remover. just go to the grocery or drug store, they will have it. YS Tech fans can be found at most sites. www.crazypc.com has them for sale. Too attach it, just remove the clips holding the delta and then put the YS Tech fan there, and attach it! Its really simple.

Conrad (Jun 08, 2001 04:31 a.m.):
I just removed my FOP38, which cooled my duron 800@1000 wonderfully, I jsut installed a Chrome orb, and now under full load no overclocking - 800@800, I get this as full temp under 100% load:

Cpu temp:56

When i first booted, I had it at 1000, and it wouldn't get past BIOS screen, I mean, what is going on

I didn't clean the CPU of the Thermal material stcker that was on it, and i am not using thermal grease, Do i have a problem here? Do i need thermal grease instead, and how do i go about removing the stuff off the CPU?

Edit: Removed any offencive materials :d

WTF did u put an chromeorb on???? it cant cool an amd cpu. Take off that shitty cooler and put the fop38 back on u will kill it with the chromeorb

DUDE, WTF u think u r talking about, read the whole thread, it explains exactly why i have the orb on there, and have u read about keeping the threads clean, edit the s word out too

Conrad

What size fan do i need for the fop? is it a standard 80MM that i need?

Conrad

The "standard" size fan for a FOP is 60mm. However, an 80mm fan will work too, but it overhangs the heatsink a little. You can pull the spring clip retainers out farther and mount an 80mm fan right onto it like I did or you can buy or make an adapter.

Tomas, we had Conrad clean up the profanity in his post, I think maybe you should too. If Daniel or any of the other overclocker.com staff sees that, they will not be happy. Please modify your post. There are other ways to get your point across without resorting to swearing.

Manufacturer: YS-Tech
Model: FD1260117B-1A 60mm Case fan
Description: These 60mm 3pin fans deliver 15.9 CFM and feature a multi-bearings(1 ball/1 sleeve)design, ideal for your space limited applications. For full spec. visit YS-Tech

This is only 15.9 CFM, does it matter greatly on the CFM, or more to do with the Heatsink itself?

The Orb pushes over 25CFM, so maybe it is best to stick wit it

No, you want at least the 26CFM YS tech fan. Here is a link...

Its several fans down the page. I used a Chrome Orb myself, then switched to the FOP 32, which is the same as the FOP38 except that it has the YS tech 26cfm fan installed.
I noticed a 10c drop in temps. I big improvment.

AKDUDE

CFM is everything, the more you push through, the cooler the heatsink gets. The 26cfm YSTech fan is very good noise/performance fan.

I've never used the YS Tech fans, although they're probably pretty good. Personally, I swear by Sunon. Excellent quality and have never had a problem with the dozen or so I've owned over the years.

batboy (Jun 08, 2001 06:51 p.m.):
I've never used the YS Tech fans, although they're probably pretty good. Personally, I swear by Sunon. Excellent quality and have never had a problem with the dozen or so I've owned over the years.

The Alpha PAL6035 I bought last week came with a 60mm fan that has a YS Tech sticker and a Global Win sticker on the other. It wasn't prepackaged with the fan. The sales guy bought it out 'cause the fan was included in the $25.00 sale price. The Asus Probe fan monitor alarm frequently is triggered by split second fan failure. This never happened with the 40mm "Step" fan. Aren't YS Tech and Global Win 2 seperate co.'s. Maybe the sales guy got the fan from a Global Win heatsink/fan box.
Apology to Conrad for getting off topic.

The sticker thing: I think my YS on my fop32 had a global win sticker on it. That must be where your fan came from.

50 degrees, duron 800@1000, this isn't right is it, i have done the Artic silver, but sirely this is wrong

This is CPU 100% usage

Back