• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I just played ut2003 for the first time. It is the first time I've ever played an unreal game. It is sooooo much more intense than c/s!!!! Now I know how I get creamed by the guys who just run around jumping and shooting in c/s. They play unreal. It was such an intense game that I hurt from tensing up and doing that video game "moving like you are there".

Maxvla

yep its an awesome game.

for future reference please don't put curse words in your thread title. :)

i've never played c/s but when i played quake3 the first time i got a huge headache. my gaming before that was mainly RTS. very similar experience i'm sure.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Thanks for lookin' out, Maxvla... ;) I'd rather "damn" than the "F" or "S" bomb though... (those get edited on sight).

But still a good point. Thanks! :beer:

Oh yeah...UT2K3 is pretty darn good, eh?? :D I've just set it up on my "server" rig (see "sig", #2 below) and it's running better than Rig #1. :eek: I can run it with all the eye candy turned up to almost max across the board, and it plays fine, while anything over "Normal" on Rig 1 gets me a "slide-show".

Curiously, the server has a much older vid card...GF2 vs a GF4 in Rig 1.

"Torkai Forest" (Team DM) with the graphics cranked, and headphones on is phoenominal. :cool:

progamer

Yeah UT2K3 is the best out right now. It doesn't have any competition until Doom3 (Unreal 2 is single-player only). And when mods start coming out for it, it'll get even better.

rb26dett

Disabled
UT2003 is nonestop pumping action .. no skill, no tactic no nothing .. just jump and shot and hope of the best.

CS is all about skill, group work and tactic, as soon as CZ is out ... all the other FPS will be outdated ... just wait and see.

cloudkat

Registered
rb26dett said:
I think there is no need for me to say that I own in UT2003 :D
Ive showed enough pics :cool:

What is your online nick, and what type of games do you normally play??? With a statement like that, You and I will have to meet online sometime, just so you can prove you are better than I am.:)

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Rakk said:
Your server rig is rig 2?

Will be, once I get all my ducks in a row, with setting up firewalls, and what not, and add a bit more RAM.

First thing is a better PSU for it. It running a 350W Antec, that's just not strong enough. My voltages fluctuate a bit, and it might be too unstable if I tried hosting yet.

Works fine as an FTP, but I built it for gaming, really. I just need to get the rest of the hardware (PSU and RAM) squared away, and set up the firewall properly. Next year, I want to set it up with the newest incarnation of NASCAR from Sierra, and host the full schedule to coinincide with the real life one.

I think I'm gonna swap the GF4 into the server and see what happens....:) What I'm hoping to do today though is hit a bunch of bookstores and try to find the book that was just released on how to use the UnrealEd program (build your own maps). That looks like it'd be awesome to play with.

B.

rb26dett

Disabled
cloudkat said:

What is your online nick, and what type of games do you normally play??? With a statement like that, You and I will have to meet online sometime, just so you can prove you are better than I am.:)

I always play as RB26DETT or sometimes as 1ManWreckingCrew

***Edited By SpeeDj - Enough, we have all seen the screen shot, next time it goes up it had better be edited. ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
6502kid said:
Mr.B,

Get 512mb into Rig 1, and I bet that slideshow problem
will go away.

Only way that's gonna happen anytime soon is to take a dedicated Folding machine offline. :(

I might try it and see, though. thanks. I kind of thought this might be the problem, but have yet to try it.

B.

*edit* Yes...much better. But now that FAH rig is offline. :( Decisions, decisions.... Fold, or Frag? :p

B.

Last edited:
D

Dragon_Engineer2

I'm assuming you want to run it through blue shift?Not sure if you can but I thought you had to have half life to run blue shift.

Zuck Gou :)

rb26dett said:
UT2003 is nonestop pumping action .. no skill, no tactic no nothing .. just jump and shot and hope of the best.

CS is all about skill, group work and tactic, as soon as CZ is out ... all the other FPS will be outdated ... just wait and see.

I never understood that statement. It's so untrue. And believe me, I HAVE played CS longer than you (I beta tested Beta 1, recently I quit it though). Teamwork is CS? Laugh.

Give a game like Q3A or UT a chance, and you'll see it takes way more skill. Things like rocket jumping and strafing are required. Knowledge of how each weapon works is required.

Try a mod like Rocket Arena, even more skill is needed.

tbirdkiri

rb26dett said:

if you believe that i have some bridges in New York to sell you...

honestly tho, if you cant go thru a round without some sort of "skill" or "finese" the game must suck for you. when i play i have skill, style and finese, teamwork if most important in bombing run or ctf... i played cs "once".. need i say more?