• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMNNNN!!!!! i need a new Gf4 4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

epoxying on ram sinks and the card fell off the clamp. one of the ramsinks that was epoxied on hit the table and next thing i know 1/2 of the pin leds on one of the ram are out of the card.... this is what i mean..... the "-" represents the led, the R represents the ram (this diagram is only one ram not like 5)... and the "+" represents where there is no more led...

-R+
-R+
-R+
-R+
-R+
-R+
-R+

sucks eh? i can not solder either and the only person i know who can... very well... i will not be seeing till thanksgiving. damn.

what card should i get i do not want to spend over $160 so the albatron turbo is not a option.

Crazy Jayhawk

I found an Inno3D GF4 4200 (64MB) for $120. VGA, S-Video, and DVI connectors, as well as a DVI/VGA adapter. It also included Ballistics (cool racing game).

Go hunting on Pricewatch; you're sure to find one that fits your needs.

OP
Emericana

Emericana

oh sorry..... btw if possible, can it have 128mb w/ 4ns or better and ramsinks...

i know this is limiting down a lot of cards but if POSSIBLE, there is a card below $160 w/ this can you tell me?

how about the leadtek 128mb i couldnt find what ns the ram was

OP
Emericana

Emericana

i am sure it is salvable but i cant solder and dont have access or the time to attempt to save it. i have a TON of homework each night (4+ hours) and am also on the varsity cross country team in school..... combine that w/ skateboarding and girls gives me almost no time at all to go searching around trying to find someone to fix my 4200.

i think i might just go and blow my $200 i earned on ebay on a albatron bu i kinda wanted to save up for a nforce2.... i guess i wont be getting that...

what a week lol. suspension in school, probation for a year, i just yesterday got a $75 speeding ticket, and now this!

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Speeding tickets suck. At least you didn't loose your license for 6 months like everyone in my school is doing. Apparently doing 90 is a whole heap o' fun. Never done it myself, though, as my Bug won't go that fast (it will, but damn near redline).

Z

Cisco Kid

buy an ATI 8500LE 128 DDR to tie you over till you can attempt to fix it , this way you have spent the least possible for a decent card that will yeild only a slight decrease in performance but still overclock well for you.

You can find em for as low as $90 for a 128 ddr and even $81 for a 64 DDR version.

Cisco KId

don't give up on your card yet, attempt to fix it before you go blow unnecessary cash, my suggestion is a cheap replacement with very good performance

cullam3n

Cisco Kid: You should put "Overclockers Salesman for ATI 8500." Everywhere I go and I see a post of yours, you always mention to buy a ATI 8500.

-PC

OP
Emericana

Emericana

well i allready ordered the albatron i dont really go around buying new video cards every few months (like i do w/ cpu's) cause honestly, as long as it looks pretty decent (like 1280x1024) then that is all i care about.

now you say spend $100 on a card now to hold me over........ for what? i dont have nearly enought cash for a nv30 and i really want a nforce 2. unless there are any killer vid cards that are coming out in the future for $85 then i think i made a pretty decent choice getting the albatron... a ti4600 stock speeds (and beyond these things.... from reading reviews do like 305/730mhz!).

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
I say go for what you like, and since you already ordered teh GForce 4, go ahead and get it . . . Why buy down in performance? Not only that, but sooner or later, you'll be glad you bought this one. Lastly, don't NVidias overclock better than ATIs? (not sure, just what I read).

Z

Cisco Kid

zachj said:
I say go for what you like, and since you already ordered teh GForce 4, go ahead and get it . . . Why buy down in performance? Not only that, but sooner or later, you'll be glad you bought this one. Lastly, don't NVidias overclock better than ATIs? (not sure, just what I read).

Z

both cards oclock about the same , I just offered a suggestion to his original post becasue he did mention that he did not want to pay $160+ for the turbo but now he has.

Personally the R9500 Pro will be out soon around $200 US and under shorly after, it mops the floor with a 4600 when settings are cranked in most cases, and crushes a Ti4200, I would have bought something inexpensive and then got the 9500 Pro.

Thats just my choice I buy based on cost to value, the turbo was a good pick but the 9500 will have so much more to offer for like $40 more!!

Cisco KId

OP
Emericana

Emericana

well anyways i am running a TNT2 original now (non ultra version) overclocked from 125mhz to 140mhz core! w00t!

Cisco Kid

Cullam3n said:
Cisco Kid: You should put "Overclockers Salesman for ATI 8500." Everywhere I go and I see a post of yours, you always mention to buy a ATI 8500.

-PC

hey I like that it is true I believe it is best bang for the buck right now and I am true canuck ATI freak LOL

cisco kid

Cisco Kid

Emericana said:
well anyways i am running a TNT2 original now (non ultra version) overclocked from 125mhz to 140mhz core! w00t!

hey hey it is carrying you thru till your new ride comes in the mail!! just be happy to be online and surfing RIGHT??? !!!!:D