• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danner Mag3 inlet/outlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

got my danner mag 3 today and its got a 1 inch connection and a 3/4 in connection, both are threaded.

i thought this thing was supposed to have 1/2 connections :(

T

Those are easy to reduce. Try a plumbing store or home depot. I use the cheap plastic fittings that home depor sells for pex type pipe. They are actually 5/8" but 1/2" tubing stretches over just fine.

You might also want to put a hose clamp around the inlet to prevent cracking.

i don't know what i need to buy to convert it.

one has threads on the outside (3/4 inch) the other has them on the inside (1 inch).

danner.JPG

I also have a danner mag 3 and they are both 1/2" pipe fittings. A 1/2 inch pipe fitting does not measure 1/2". I got male and female 1/2" pipe to 1/2" barb fittings at Home Depot and they work just fine.

Geeko

jesus! i just filled up the bathtub to play with my new pump. this thing MOVES some water!!

do you really need something capable of shooting water 5 feet in the air to run a 3-5 foot tubing system in a computer??

with all this power i'm thinking about having a resevoir outside of the comp and putting the radiator outside also.

I tested my danner mag3 when I got it by running it from one 5 gallon bucket to another through 2 chevette heater cores in parallel and about 4 feet of 1/2 I.D. Tubing and my flow was reduced to about 180 gph.

Geeko

Back