• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Data recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

I have someone who is looking for some data recovery from a laptop that was factory reset by accident. What are the best options. I don't have the time to do anything myself and know nothing about where to go.

habbajabba

I have used R-Studio in the past with excellent results. http://www.r-studio.com/
If you can remove the hd and attach to a working system it will recover it. Data yes, entire perfect OS? Maybe not. Backups are a user's best friend.

OP
jaymz9350

jaymz9350

Pictures is all she's looking to recover. I know personally about backups but this is for my ex mother in law who is tech illiterate. The issue is I don't have time to really do much my self so looking for a llace she can go to do it that will rip her off the least

Mpegger

I hope she's not expecting a miracle seeing as how it was a factory reset, which is basically a format and re-install of the the OS. Any data that was in the same sectors is as good as lost.

I also recommend R-Studio.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
If you want to send her some place you can look at online data recovery places where the hdd would need to be mailed. Or can send her to microcenter. They likely outsource it as well from there, I'm unsure.

OP
jaymz9350

jaymz9350

Thanks, I told her not to get her hopes up. Micro Center sounds like the best option as of now