• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Data request from Geil memory owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbbo2002

NOTE: If you don’t have this type of memory please refrain from commenting. I have Corsair XMS like most everyone else, but I am trying a little experiment :cool: .

I would like Geil PC3500 or PC3700 owners in Intel rigs to comment on:

What are your motherboard, memory type and size, FSB, Memory ratio (1:1, 3:4, 4:3, 5:4, etc), actual voltage, timings (SPD, manual settings) and resulting DDR speed?

I am using IT7 Max2 v2 with 512 Geil PC3700 Platinum G at FSB of 187 with 5:4 ratio at 2.98volts (hacked bios) and timings left at SPD resulting in 468 DDR.

When I mess with the timings I am getting some interesting results so I am curious what everyone using the Geil RAM is getting.

Thanks,

Yeah I got PC3700 and it runs at 460 2.5-3-3-7, ANY timings lower and it is unstable! Not as great as I thought it would be.. rather have gotten OCZ PC3500EL

Back