• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

daul radiator config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkoehn

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm looking for some input on my custom loop configuration.
I already have most of the components, so will be putting together soon.

Briefly > NZXT h440 case, i7 6700K, GTX 1080 FE.
I'm not looking to mod the case (yet), and will be bottom mounting my 'games' HDD.
This means a 360 rad on top with a 280 at the front.

Does it matter how it is piped? i.e. should the liquid hit one radiator, then CPU block; then another radiator followed by the GPU block?
Or should I simply run Rad > CPU > GPU > Rad > pump for a cleaner/easier loop.

I don't like the idea of CPU warmed coolant hitting my GPU, but is the flow rate fast enough to make this a non-issue?

dual rad config.jpg

OP
B

bkoehn

If i can, i'll put the dual rad at the bottom of case, and move the 120mm case fan to top, feeding cooler air to the 360 outgoing rad.

dual rad piped.png

||Console||

Order doesnt really matter only main rule is have tline/rez before the pump . Besides that do what ever makes it easier for your self .

Close to the same setup as mine but I have the 3x120 in the fron and the 2x120 on the top on the case .

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
+1. If you're getting a pump/res combo like your images it'll make little to no difference. Once the system has been up and running the water temp will stabilize at whatever deltaT you're able to accomplish regardless of res/block order.