• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DC Crashes to desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuda

I finally got my 9500np back from Excaliber and I installed the ATI 3.10 drivers. When I try to play DC (.5 version and .6 version) it crashes to the desktop. I tried the refresh fix, no help, still crashes. Any suggestions?

DayUSeX

if you are in xp role back your drivers, or unisntall and reinstall catalyst 3.7 drivers (i belive it is).

OP
Cuda

Cuda

I have un-installed and re-installed BF1942 and DC from the ground up. I am running XP with the 3.10 drivers. The game only crashes when playing online. It does not crash when playing local.
I have tried the refresh fix and boosted agp voltage as well as disabling fast writes.
Does that help?

<edit>I'll download the earlier drivers and try them now. I'll be back in a few.

OP
Cuda

Cuda

Update:

I just tried the 3.7 drivers. Same results, crash to desk top.

<edit> I don't know if it matters, but I connect to the internet through a linksys router to my cable modem. Could the problem be there?

DayUSeX

no the linksys router would only stop you from connecting to the server, not crashing. what is your mobo and version of direct x are you running.

OP
Cuda

Cuda

Mobo is in the sig, Epox 8RDA+ Rev.2 DirectX9.0. This exact system was working with the first 9500np I received, before it crapped out, which is a whole other story.

Jawsome

its something wrong with the .6 patch, its not with your comp. .6 is doing something wrong. Everyone is fine .6 doesnt like everyones comp. Its happening to alot of people just go browse some of their official forums.

Remove

A lot of people are having to turn off their antivirus while playing. It's causing a lot of crashes.

Falcon-K

are u sure that u are connnecting to .6 servers, i know i accidently tried to connect to some .5 servers and then the game just crashes, but i agree with jawsome that .6 was a sloppy release for dc, a lot of people are having various problems with .6.

OP
Cuda

Cuda

It could have been the servers I was connecting to. I wasn't paying attention to their version. I finally got on a server and played for over two hours with no problems.

Shocker

Falcon-K said:
are u sure that u are connnecting to .6 servers, i know i accidently tried to connect to some .5 servers and then the game just crashes, but i agree with jawsome that .6 was a sloppy release for dc, a lot of people are having various problems with .6.

Yea, i think that is the problem. Some servers are still .5
Best way, is to find a server with DC .6 in its name.

OP
Cuda

Cuda

Well, I cleared everything off and even deleted the registry entries, then reloaded bf then dc then the bf 1.5 then dc .6 and finally all is well again. No problems with online or offline play.Thanks everybody.

Remove

Glad to hear it's working. Now head over to the OCers server and lets shoot em up!

OP
Cuda

Cuda

Remove said:
Glad to hear it's working. Now head over to the OCers server and lets shoot em up!

I was there tonight, I didn't see you. Maybe next time. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to talk to the team using team speak. I'm getting to old for this stuff :p