• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DCA - Cure for Cancer has been found in 2007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
DCA Search results

No money in this treatment?

Cure for cancer <- video #1

Video here <-Video #2

Similar video with different network covering it..

These video's are all over the place.... I can't believe this!

Millions of people suffering, and they have a cure available.... I guess having a car run on water will never be made either.... Greedy SOB's....

My favorite video!

You can buy this drug here, and cure yourself... I know if I had cancer, and I was going to die, I would try this stuff out ASAP.

Wikipedia on DCA

EDIT: You're probably wondering what the hell sparked this thread! Well, just read about Pete Scout! Sad, Sad story... So I decided to Google "Cancer cure", and DCA came up... and has pretty much blew up with so much data... that is extremely intriguing..

Last edited:

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
well thats a bit ****ed up, I wonder what the current news on it is...

ie, since it is actually available for sale how many people have cured their cancer...

Last edited:
OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
well thats a bit ****ed up, I wonder what the current news on it is...

ie, since it is actually available for sale how many people have cured their cancer...

I know right? What the hell man! This is very disheartening to say the least! We have the ability to cure 3 types of cancers but no one wants to run with the ball...?? Makes me wonder what is fueling the fight to cure any such diseases. And if found would we even seriously make it public.... and use it!

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Interesting, I'll read more about this when I get to work today.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I cant see any videos from work, so I suppose my comments are going to come off half cocked...so with that disclaimer out of the way...

If this was really a cure without side major side effects or other major risks, I would have to imagine this WOULD be distributed for millions and the company that made it would be making BILLIONS. It doesnt make sense at all to me (without seeing the video of course) why a company would hold it back when there is MUCH more to be made in distribution on a cure for cancer. Makes no sense to me at all from a business standpoint.

I would love to see some results on this now as well.

Wow nice link to a likely illegal drug distribution!!!!! Can people do that? Legally? I would presume this isnt over the counter. :shrug:

Last edited:

Adak

If you're dying of cancer (or whatever), you'll try anything that sounds like a decent chance of a cure. No problem there.

DCA is toxic, however. To the nerves, to the liver, to your brain. It's not something to run out and try, first thing. The rats were improved, but then killed for further tissue examination. I'm guessing anyone seeking a cure, would like to see if the rats could live for at least 5 years, after being treated with DCA.

Forget the $$$ angle, and the sensationalism surrounding this. Some tests are underway, including a phase 2 test with 50 patients, in Canada.

Let's see how that goes. It would be rarer than hen's teeth, if one chemical (or any one treatment), was effective at treating all kinds of cancers.

The more they harp about the $$$ factor, the less credibility I give them. Medical treatments are not a bottled elixir to be hawked through the media. Show the results of a good double-blind study, or as near to it as you can get, or go home.

If you want snake oil stuff, they have bus tours that go down into Mexico border towns, where you can get all kinds of "utterly amazing treatments" for terminal diseases (or athlete's feet), for just $10,000 ($5,000 if you can't afford the ten, don't you know). There, the treatments include breathing ionized "energized" air, anal drips of strong coffee, you name it. And don't forget that "psychic surgery" is always available too! :eek:

However we wriggle around it, we're all mortal, and we will all die - despite all medical treatments. It's completely natural. The King is dead? Long live the (new) King! Life goes on.

Pete was a good teammate, but we have several teammates today that we need to recognize, know better, and put their special talents to work for the team.

Be careful about living in the past. I've known a few people that got trapped back there. All we have is now.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ahh ha.. I found some significant info that wasnt a video...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi68.html

Modern medicine is desperately searching for anti-cancer molecules that kill cancer cells and leave healthy cells alone. Unfortunately, chemotherapy today is very toxic to tumor and healthy cells alike, and the patient often succumbs to the treatment rather than their disease. Furthermore, cells don’t like the toxic drugs; they develop a resistance to them, so chemotherapy usually only works for a short time.

The University of Alberta researchers note that DCA has already been used in humans to treat mitochondrial disease with "relative" non-toxicity. But they lament that DCA is unpatentable so it is not likely to receive any attention, or research funding, from a pharmaceutical company.

Now there is the rub. The admission there may be a cure for cancer out there, but it’s gotta make a big profit for a drug company or they won’t pay attention to it. This is commercially understandable. However, this serves to say, simpler remedies may exist, but patients are going to have to go on a scavenger hunt to find them on their own.

The university-based researchers sought widespread publicity for DCA hoping a private source would provide research funds. [Small molecule offers big hope against cancer, University of Alberta press release, Jan. 17, 2007]

But treating mice in the laboratory is a long way from proving a cancer drug not only kills cancer cells, but actually improves survival. There are a lot of drugs that shrink tumors, but don’t improve survival. When DCA was used in humans in 1983, it effectively reduced lactic acidosis and normalized blood pressure. The drug itself produced no known toxicity, but 12 of 13 DCA-treated patients still died. [New England Journal Medicine 309: 390–96, 1983]

In animals, DCA induces liver toxicity and neoplasia (yep, cancer!). DCA is actually a by-product of water chlorination, chlorine being one of the most toxic molecules on the planet. [Environmental Health Perspectives 106 (Suppl 4): 989–994, 1998]

Of interest, the toxic side effects of DCA may emanate from inducement of a vitamin B 1 (thiamine) deficiency. The chronic use of dichloroacetate (DCA) for diabetes has been compromised by nerve and other forms of toxicity. DCA is metabolized to glyoxylate, which is converted to oxalate and, in the presence of adequate thiamine levels, to other metabolites. Nerve toxicity from DCA administration appears to result from depletion of body thiamine stores and abnormal metabolism of oxalate, a known nerve toxin. The co-administration of vitamin B1 with DCA reduces urinary oxalate levels from 86% above normal to only 28% above normal. [Toxicological Sciences 14: 327–37, 1990] Maybe this tips off how DCA actually works, by depriving cells of an essential nutrient.

Did the videos explain WHY its not patentable?

Is this a cure for cancer when it causes liver cancer?

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
If you're dying of cancer (or whatever), you'll try anything that sounds like a decent chance of a cure. No problem there.

DCA is toxic, however. To the nerves, to the liver, to your brain. It's not something to run out and try, first thing. The rats were improved, but then killed for further tissue examination. I'm guessing anyone seeking a cure, would like to see if the rats could live for at least 5 years, after being treated with DCA.

Forget the $$$ angle, and the sensationalism surrounding this. Some tests are underway, including a phase 2 test with 50 patients, in Canada.

Let's see how that goes. It would be rarer than hen's teeth, if one chemical (or any one treatment), was effective at treating all kinds of cancers.

The more they harp about the $$$ factor, the less credibility I give them. Medical treatments are not a bottled elixir to be hawked through the media. Show the results of a good double-blind study, or as near to it as you can get, or go home.

If you want snake oil stuff, they have bus tours that go down into Mexico border towns, where you can get all kinds of "utterly amazing treatments" for terminal diseases (or athlete's feet), for just $10,000 ($5,000 if you can't afford the ten, don't you know). There, the treatments include breathing ionized "energized" air, anal drips of strong coffee, you name it. And don't forget that "psychic surgery" is always available too! :eek:

However we wriggle around it, we're all mortal, and we will all die - despite all medical treatments. It's completely natural. The King is dead? Long live the (new) King! Life goes on.

Pete was a good teammate, but we have several teammates today that we need to recognize, know better, and put their special talents to work for the team.

Be careful about living in the past. I've known a few people that got trapped back there. All we have is now.

Regardless if you live in the past or present, you have to admit, this is pretty intriguing information.....

Adak

DCA is a common substance, already, so it can't be patented, as is. A drug company would need to combine it with something else to make it unique, to be a patentable drug.

Yes, it's interesting info, but it's also anecdotal, and it's being given by people who have an "axe" to grind. That is, they'll benefit in some way, if you believe that DCA is a cure for cancer. Even if it's just that you'll visit their web site, so they can get more ad revenue.

The one telling stat was that 12 of the 13 patients treated for cancer, with DCA, died. Maybe their treatment wasn't optimal, or started too late, or whatever. It will take a LOT more study to find out what advantages if any, DCA offers for cancer treatments.

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
DCA is a common substance, already, so it can't be patented, as is. A drug company would need to combine it with something else to make it unique, to be a patentable drug.

Yes, it's interesting info, but it's also anecdotal, and it's being given by people who have an "axe" to grind. That is, they'll benefit in some way, if you believe that DCA is a cure for cancer. Even if it's just that you'll visit their web site, so they can get more ad revenue.

The one telling stat was that 12 of the 13 patients treated for cancer, with DCA, died. Maybe their treatment wasn't optimal, or started too late, or whatever. It will take a LOT more study to find out what advantages if any, DCA offers for cancer treatments.

However, this is still a huge breakthrough in my opinion. Having some concrete evidence of a real answer to curing Cancer and not some fictitious cause in hopes in finding a real cure.... Its already out there, and special thanks to the University of Alberta for finding such a cure.

You guys fold for this purpose alone. To help find a a cure. 3 years ago they did just that. Found a chemical that can cure 3 types...

This is just a stepping stone. This is where it gets bigger and better and they learn how to stream line the medicine to lessen the side effects....

This is extremely happy news... Just to know that all the research has gave us an answer....

ChasR

Here is an article on DCA from ABC news, written by a member of the American Cancer Society. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPreventionAndTreatment/story?id=2848454&page=1

The last paragraph is particularly poignant.

I'd say DCA is promising. THe lead researcher @ Alberta was very careful to say it isn't a miracle cure. He didn't even say it's a cure. He said it shrinks tumors in mice and shows promise. Stretching that to a cure for cancer is irresponsible.

Note that DCA has been found to CAUSE liver cancer in rats when added to their drinking water. A trial using it to treat children with lactic acidosis was suspended due to nerve toxicity. It's not without side effects, though they appear to be minor in adults. If it does work, we'll know soon as they (Alberta) appear to be headed to human trials in Canada.

If I had "terminal" cancer, I think I'd give DCA a try, but not to the exclusion of other treatments.

A little slow in posting this.

THe patients that died while taking DCA were being treated for severe lactic acidosis. THe treatment was considered successful as it reduced lactic acid levels in the subjects, but they died anyway. Same thing happens with cancer, given clinically proven treatment, the tumor shrinks in most patients, but they die anyway.

Last edited:

Bluefalcon13

I suggest that yall read the link I posted, interesting info... NOT DCA info, but similar subject I guess. Interesting theory none-the-less, reprogram the immune system to hunt and kill cancer cells.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Here is an article on DCA from ABC news, written by a member of the American Cancer Society. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPreventionAndTreatment/story?id=2848454&page=1

The last paragraph is particularly poignant.

I'd say DCA is promising. THe lead researcher @ Alberta was very careful to say it isn't a miracle cure. He didn't even say it's a cure. He said it shrinks tumors in mice and shows promise. Stretching that to a cure for cancer is irresponsible.

Note that DCA has been found to CAUSE liver cancer in rats when added to their drinking water. A trial using it to treat children with lactic acidosis was suspended due to nerve toxicity. It's not without side effects, though they appear to be minor in adults. If it does work, we'll know soon as they (Alberta) appear to be headed to human trials in Canada.

If I had "terminal" cancer, I think I'd give DCA a try, but not to the exclusion of other treatments.

A little slow in posting this.

THe patients that died while taking DCA were being treated for severe lactic acidosis. THe treatment was considered successful as it reduced lactic acid levels in the subjects, but they died anyway. Same thing happens with cancer, given treatment the tumor shrinks in most patients, but they die anyway.
+1

OP
Joeteck

Joeteck

Retired
Maybe I'm making too much of a big deal about this...

However, we still have some sort of a foundation to go further. Instead of endless testing, we now know and have the building blocks to continue...

But I never knew this was discovered 3 years ago, and I just literally just found it today!

I don't know about you guys... but this is some really cool stuff...

I'm impressed... !!!!

Last edited:

Bobnova

It sounds like a good part of chemotherapy, but just like all other forms of chemo it's @*#$&* toxic.
No big surprise there, to me at least.

From my point of view it's simply another chemo drug.
Moreover, shrinking tumors is not curing cancer, you can shrink it all you like but if it still contains living cancer cells it'll just grow back.

So yes, it's an interesting drug, but calling it a cure for cancer is rather dubious.

augie1111

LOL, I would have normally discounted this as spam but seeing as this was posted by a long term member, I took a look. This thing has legs! I am not a medical professional but I will forward this to a local chemistry professor who works at Mcgill University and is well renowned for his forays into the 'alternative' scene.

He can really research this way better than most of us can and understand the lingo too. He is also a staunch advocate of the double blind study approach and obviously has connections that we don't. This might tickle his fancy.;)

I will bookmark this thread for if and when he may respond and update you all then.

BTW, I'm not mentioning his name for now to keep his inbox down to a dull roar.;):)

Later good folks.

Last edited: