• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DCA - Cure for Cancer has been found in 2007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^
no we dont ... i was just thinking how funny it is that people surf the web while on the clock :D

ive done it too .. what else is there to do when its dead at work ?? clock out, go home, save the company some money ??? ... lol heck no !! i have bills to pay ... now back to building my dream rig on newegg ...lol

lol ... on your lunch break right :salute:
^
no we dont ... i was just thinking how funny it is that people surf the web while on the clock

ive done it too .. what else is there to do when its dead at work ?? clock out, go home, save the company some money ??? ... lol heck no !! i have bills to pay ... now back to building my dream rig on newegg ...lol

Why not? I log in and work from home sometimes. :comp:

You two work together??? Are you his boss? lol

Ever consider that I might be his boss?

Talking WAY of topic here. As an Network admin, it is my job to monitor all network activity. Either it be Instant messaging, E-mail, or web surfing, I need to know what goes on here. I have tools in place that can capture everything in real time. And to comment on " You surf at work", happen all the time.. Our business model requires us to use the Internet, but its easily abused to do personal things, like banking, e-mail, IMing, and just surfing the web. Having the power of the Internet just a click away, is difficult not to do... Its rather a sickness really... I have people here that abuse it to no end... Sad actually... and to give warning after warning, means they do have a sickness. They check their personal e-mail account every 10 minutes.. So much info, so little time.... Reminds me of that commercial on TV where that pregnant woman just starts rattling stuff off...randomly.... Funny... Soon we will be all zombies... hahaha

anyone know about that plant extract/ ingredient in some rootbeer that supposedly stops cancer cells from dividing and does not harm normal cells?

i think some alberta highschool student also discovered it. it's published in some newspapers.

edit: pete huh? toronto... I think he must have started getting cancer when I just joined and I was a vacant member then...

something tells me I would have liked him.

this is kind of scary, his heart stopped? i ask myself. i was shocked when i read this, I don't have the best heart either.

Last edited:
Lots of compounds will kill cancer cells -

1234567* in a test tube or petri dish. Most "miracle" cures fall in this category.

1234567* in lab animals, where the treatment might be as bad as the disease, and the lab animal is soon killed for tissue analysis.

Finding compounds that can kill cancer in, and can be tolerated by human patients, is the trick.

Well there used to be sassafras, which was great for quitting smoking but can cause cancer.

Don't know about any other root beer cancer connections.

All we have is now.
And tomorrow!

Fold on!

On Topic:

Reiterate what ChasR said...I didn't see that professor claim it was a cure. There are many things that can shrink tumor sizes.

I don't think its about the money. Someone would be able to make money at it...if not, there are plenty of non-profit cancer research centers out there (if I'm mistaken, at least they're not purely for-profit) like the John Huntsman cancer research center/institute or whatever its called. Saying that no one could make money at it is an over-exaggerated blanket statement. Its like saying that because google offers Google Docs that Microsoft is headed out of business (they make lots off of MS Office).

Anyway. There's my 2 bent-up, half-melted, pennies.

LOL, I would have normally discounted this as spam but seeing as this was posted by a long term member, I took a look. This thing has legs! I am not a medical professional but I will forward this to a local chemistry professor who works at Mcgill University and is well renowned for his forays into the 'alternative' scene.

He can really research this way better than most of us can and understand the lingo too. He is also a staunch advocate of the double blind study approach and obviously has connections that we don't. This might tickle his fancy.;)

I will bookmark this thread for if and when he may respond and update you all then.

BTW, I'm not mentioning his name for now to keep his inbox down to a dull roar.;):)

OK, I just missed his live show by a couple of weeks when I posted this and there are no audio archives that I can find of it, yet. I'll check out his site weekly for the article he's promising to write.

As ya'll can see, this is not some false 'miracle cure' infomercial shown at 3AM hosted by a charlatan with the surname of Trudeau. These are real scientists not funded by some corporate conglomerate entity!:attn:

from Joe Schwarcz, Dr. <[email protected]>
to Algis Kxxxxx <blah blah [email protected]>
date Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 5:11 PM
subject RE: Dichloroacetate(DCA) as a wonder molecule for some cancers
mailed-by mcgill.ca

hide details Jan 11

Hi
He was my guest on my radio show two weeks ago...his research is very legitimate but he is tremendously upset by how the charlatans are taking it out of context. I will write a column on this

Joe Schwarcz PhD
Director, McGill University Office for Science and Society
801 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal, QC, Canada
H3A 2K6
514-398-6238
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 3:40 PM
To: Joe Schwarcz, Dr.
Subject: Dichloroacetate(DCA) as a wonder molecule for some cancers

Greetings Dr. Joe, long time listener....etc. I found this at a protein folding forum<http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6362525&posted=1#post6362525>, which I always frequent, doing distributed computing for Stanford U, as I do. I guess the main thing is this youtube video of Dr <UrlBlockedError.aspx> Evangelos Michelakis - University Of Alberta<
> Some folks are obviously looking to cash in on this as always. I have searched for studies but nothing legit pops up for me. I also searched for anything you may have already written but found nothing also. Perhaps my google skills need some sharpening.

I will look into this seeing as my father and step father both have cancer.

still gonna fold at ~50gflop's though

The implication that this should be rushed to market is silly.

Don't listen to that idiot Glenn Beck and his 'cancer miracle' nonsense.

Thalidomide birth defects are an example of what happens when a drug isn't properly tested. DCA hasn't been widely used so far and it seems to have quite a lot of side effects and there isn't too much evidence to show that it will actually cure ANY cancer in humans.

The sad part is the lack of funds for major clinical trials in the US. Health Canada is doing some human trials though.

The implication that this should be rushed to market is silly.

Don't listen to that idiot Glenn Beck and his 'cancer miracle' nonsense.

Thalidomide birth defects are an example of what happens when a drug isn't properly tested. DCA hasn't been widely used so far and it seems to have quite a lot of side effects and there isn't too much evidence to show that it will actually cure ANY cancer in humans.

The sad part is the lack of funds for major clinical trials in the US. Health Canada is doing some human trials though.

Oh ya? I googled my butt off and didn't find anything. Link please.:) As is always the case in these non-patentable molecules, big pharma won't do any trials as there's no profit motive, like for Vitamin C or E which have since been discounted as being helpful in more than recommended amounts.

I'm sorry that Linus Pauling got it wrong about C, as he was a great chemist in all other respects.:)

Oh, about side effects. Aspirin was developed because willow bark extracts were so corrosive to the stomach. I have a feeling that it would be a prescribed med if just released on the market now, like NSAIDS. We'll see but I doubt anything real quick will happen as usual and proper unless one is at death's door and willing to sacrifice what's left of their life for the good of all.

Last edited:
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...Home/Updates/letter_092407.pdf+clinical&hl=en

Original version here:
www.dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/Updates/letter_092407.pdf

It's not that there isn't any hope at all, a bunch of drugs that aren't patentable get approved for new conditions all the time: Thalidomide as a chemo agent, Dexedrine for ADD/ADHD and certain types of depression, even MDMA is being trialled as a treatment for PTSD.

Finally I reiterate: rat studies don't necessarily mean that much, THERE ISN'T MUCH EVIDENCE THAT THIS IS AN EFFECTIVE CANCER TREATMENT FOR HUMANS.

Last edited:
Back