• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD RBX - will it fit fromXP to A64 cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

hi thinking about going to A64 route, and I have a RBX socketA hold down clamp for my current setup, does someone knows if it will fit on a A64 setup?
If not is there somewhere I could get new mounts for the A64.
I've checked on DD website but could not find anything about it apart from having to buy a new block altogether.

OP
Woody29

Woody29

Does any where sells the parts to convert to fit A64...?

OP
Woody29

Woody29

ok, thanks as they say where there's a will there's a way

OP
Woody29

Woody29

thanks hermidue, could you give me a link to where you actually order

OP
Woody29

Woody29

looked at the link, does not make sense to me what do i actually need to order to convert to a64, cos there's no pics see what your ordering,
my guess is i need the $11 lucite tops for a64 and the $5 hold down set..?????

NiTrO bOiE

AFAIK, you just need the tops. The hold down set will just include stuff you already have but in half.... (since A64 only uses 2 holes instead of 4 like AXP.)

coil

Registered
you want the:

Lucite Tops with HIGH FLOW fittings:

$10 - AMD

$11 - P478 or Athlon64

unless u want the Brass top ones, then they are listed above

You dont need the hold down, that lookes like its for socket a anyway, use the bolts and washers u got for the socket a one on your amd 64.

OP
Woody29

Woody29

i also looked at their video on fitting, it show the a64 fittings come with a sleeve to go inside the springs to give the correct pressure...?i just wonder if they should be used too?