• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 setup in Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godiamond

Hi guys,
I am not very experienced in this. Basicly I hav two kits of rams
1. 2x2 Corsair CM2X2048-6400C 4DHX
2. 2x1 A-Data Extreme DDR2 800+
both are supposed to run on 800Mhz 4-4-4-12
but when I run CPU-Z I get this:
mem1.JPG mem2.JPG mem3.JPG mem4.JPG

I tryed to change it in Bios, but it did not work.
2015-10-23-175[1].jpg 2015-10-23-176[1].jpg

I know how to change timing to 4-4-4-12 I also know how to change DRAM voltage to 2.0 or 2.1V
but I struggle with the frequences, there is FSB frequency and DRAM frequency. If its set as on the printscreen from Bios, It does not work. Also do I need to change anything else in Bios?

This is from the manual:
2015-10-23-173[1].jpg 2015-10-23-172[1].jpg 2015-10-23-171[1].jpg 2015-10-23-174[1].jpg

Can you help me to solve this?

Not sure why it would revert to 5-5-5 when setting CL4. You are saving when you exit? Does the board do a double boot when you restart it. If it's not stable enough some motherboards will revert to defaults so they can boot.

No, that configuration from CPU-Z with 5-5-5-18 is working and it is when in Bios is everything set to Auto. As soon as I try to change it as you can see on printscreens from Bios, it does not work, PC does not start

You can try to set the ram at 2.2v, that may do it but many times different ram kits don't like to work together. Judging by the voltage settings on the two kits they might be different chips.

Looks to me like the Adata is micron and unless the Corsair is REV1.x then it's not micron based

You are setting your ram to 800 PLUS OCing with teh FSB to 267. This is likely to much OC for it to handle.

ok, so what should be setup for thos items in Bios? Apart from those 4-4-4-12 I am not sure what I should choose. Can you help which items I should change and how?

You are setting your ram to 800 PLUS OCing with teh FSB to 267. This is likely to much OC for it to handle.

The 800 in bios is 800 in OS Blay. 266 is likely the chips natural bus speed. The 775 stuff is set up a bit different.

ok, so what should be setup for thos items in Bios? Apart from those 4-4-4-12 I am not sure what I should choose. Can you help which items I should change and how?

Like I said you can try 2.2 for Dram voltage. If that doesn't work you're likely going to have to run them at CL5 because they're different on the inside. Ram has chips on it and those two sets use different chips. They might not work very well together. If you really want to run Cl4 then you might have to pull the Adata out of the system and run only the corsair

The CPU-Z SPD tab for the Corsair RAM shows that it needs 2.1V for 4-4-4-12, and the SPD tab for the A-DATA show it needs 2.0V for 4-4-4-12. So, you need to increase the RAM voltage to at least 2.1V from 2.0V to make sure all your sticks have the voltage they need.

Intel and their wonky bus speeds.

I'll sit back and spectate on this one then.

:popcorn:

ok guys and can you tell me what is the correct setting for FSB and DRAM freq in Bios? Basicly what should be set in Bios in the first blue rows from printscreen? That is all I need to know for now

The stock FSB for that cip is 266. you can change the NB strap to change ram frequency. Right now it defaults to 800 on auto.

Back