• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 Corsair Dominator Ver 1.2 - 1 out of 4 sticks work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a couple Elpida DDR2 sticks for a while. I hated them, but Shrimpy liked them. They seemed to clock good but the timings were way to loose for my liking.

scotty are these any good ? not sure if ive termed it right but thats whats written on them, i see theyre the platinum edition
corsair CMX256A-3200LLPT- XMS 3205v2.1

I had a couple Elpida DDR2 sticks for a while. I hated them, but Shrimpy liked them. They seemed to clock good but the timings were way to loose for my liking.

About the same mixed experience. Can easily run at 1200+ but at relaxed timings so all depends for what you need them. The main issue with these higher clocked Qimonda/PSC/Elpida is that they're barely overclocking and you can't really set much tighter timings so you stuck at ~1250 5-6-6 or something near using the best kits. I have one Kingston Value 2x2GB kit which can make 1200 5-5-5/5-6-6 ( depends from platform ) ~2.2V but can't make anything more regardless of voltage or timings. On the label is 800 5-5-5 1.8V.
For max clock D9 are still the best but require high voltage. Well, D9 are the best for everything. If I find some time then I will try to bench some 775 chips and then I will check what is still working from my D9 kits.
Tracers are my favourite so far just because they're working fine on all boards.
From D9 I have:
- 5 Crucial Balistix - 3 versions but I think that only Tracers are fully stable
- 1 GoodRAM - Polish brand but on GKX and if they're still alive then should make 1250 4-4-4
- 1 Cellshock - maybe it's still working but I had some problems to make it boot

@Ozz1
If I'm reading it right then it's Winbond CH5/6 ( can be BH too ) so depends from luck it can overclock good like 500+ 2-2-2/2-3-3 but will require high voltage. Not the best but they're really cheap now so can check how high they can OC.

thx woo, but mate i dont really know much about this, i dint have much in ddr ram thats any good, 2 sets, corsair and mushkin, i have a dfi expert board which came with , no i bought as extra for the same board that im sure was in the board, they are mushkins, i also have ultra D board , in the same platform, ive just bought a 478 socket ABIT IC7-MAX 3 and am in the process of trying to buy a ASUS P4C- 800E DELUXE in the same catergory, and it seems from what ive read good ram is crucial, same as anything really, good ram is crucial to its operation

In DDR1 all depends from board. Some like Winbond more, some like Samsung more. Generally Intel 478 boards don't like high memory frequency so best is to check any memory you have.
I'm not saying your memory is bad. Just try what can you do on this kit. I think you can reach at least 500 ~2.5-3-3 if it's Winbond. On Intel can be lower than on AMD. If you set high voltage then it can go higher or at tighter timings. When I say higher voltage I mean 3V+ but on many boards 2.8V is max.
Actually I'm using similar Corsair memory for DDR1 platforms. I had BH5/BH6 but I killed all and now I have CH5 and Samsung TCCD only. TCCD is the best for probably everything except SuperPi 1/32m and doesn't need high voltage.
My knowledge about DDR1 is a bit rusty as I'm mainly benching DDR3/4 in last months ( if not years ) so I guess that others can help you some more if you are preparing some older gear for benching.

It's also nice to see you in OCF Benching Team :thup:

thx man, actually just gettin into older stuff more, i was told the boards ive mentioned are he best you can get,ive been thru buying garbage before regardless with any platform, so i thought id give these a go and see what happens, i know this is from cp b4 but its all i can find, and seems its not updated but still a good reference that tells you the chips used as i see it.

cheers ozz

Last edited:
Back