• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 RAM Overclock Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LedZeppBlues

Hi,
I have been trying to overclock my 2GB x 2 667mhz RAMs using the motherboards bios but every time i do something ,the pc just reboots with no display.
Both RAM sticks are of different companies

I dont wish to be a hassle on you people but here are what it says and i have no clue what and how much to change
i would like to overclock them to either 800mhz to max 1333mhz or any in between in which it would give best performance

SPD are -

DRAM tCL 5
DRAM tRAS 15
DRAM tRP 5
DRAM tRCD 5
DRAM tWR 5
DRAM tRFC 44
DRAM tWTR 3
DRAM tRRD 3
DRAMtRTP 3

So please can you good kind people help me out with these setting and numbers and how much to change so i can finally overclock them

Thanks a ton in advance !

I highly doubt you'll see 1333...

Please post images of cpuz. The first tab, mainboard, memory, and spd please.

Last edited:

Please post images of cpuz. The first tab, mainboard, memory, amd and please.

hey ,thanks
i will just do that in a minute and really thankful that you showed serious interest ,even though its my old machine and im having fun overclocking it to see how much limits can it push and so far so good but everybody else on other forums are actually thinking its a joke

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Please post images of cpuz. The first tab, mainboard, memory, and spd please.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Lol, you could have put all of those on one screen... also, when you want to capture just the active/in focus window and not the entire desktop, use alt+prtscn instead. :)

Your memory appears to be 800 mhz in the first place...notice the JEDEC #3 on spd tab. I'd set it to those timings and voltage.

Be sure your motherboard is updated to the latest bios first. Then just set the timings and speed according to jedec3 save, and reboot. It should work.

That said, it is memory and though tweaking is fun, you likely wont feel any performance increase. But for the lulz, do it!

2 different ram sticks will be tough. The Kingston stick you show is value ram besides.
You also have a divider on because the bus speed is jacked.
Best suggestion:
All ram timings on auto
memory voltage up to 2.0-2.1v
and play with the divider to get as close to 800 as you can

2 different ram sticks will be tough. The Kingston stick you show is value ram besides.
You also have a divider on because the bus speed is jacked.
Best suggestion:
All ram timings on auto
memory voltage up to 2.0-2.1v
and play with the divider to get as close to 800 as you can
Where did you see mismatched sticks? Only slot 1 is shown...

Lol, you could have put all of those on one screen... also, when you want to capture just the active/in focus window and not the entire desktop, use alt+prtscn instead. :)

Your memory appears to be 800 mhz in the first place...notice the JEDEC #3 on spd tab. I'd set it to those timings and voltage.

Be sure your motherboard is updated to the latest bios first. Then just set the timings and speed according to jedec3 save, and reboot. It should work.

That said, it is memory and though tweaking is fun, you likely wont feel any performance increase. But for the lulz, do it!

thanks ,thanks a ton
Lol yeah even if its just for the lulz no harm in doing it right but seriously thank you and thank you again cause i learned how to take a proper screenshot too from this :D

First post ;)
oye...I didnt catch that. Time for coffee!

Mr. Scott is, as usual, spot on. Mismatched sticks can be a problem. Please post up the spd tab again but this time showing the second stick. I dont think that will change the advice but if the timings and voltage are the same, it could be a set it and forget it.... though his auto method is easier.

oye...I didnt catch that. Time for coffee!

Mr. Scott is, as usual, spot on. Mismatched sticks can be a problem. Please post up the spd tab again but this time showing the second stick. I dont think that will change the advice but if the timings and voltage are the same, it could be a set it and forget it.... though his auto method is easier.

I had a another same stick lying around and with a little tinkering its now running at 800 ,earlier it was showing 667 but now 800mhz

I know it wont matter the overclock but i kinda am satisfied that it was able to be done
And a Big thank to you to you both Mr.Scott and Earthdog

cheers and keep up helping poor souls like me ,thanks again

LedZeppBlues, you can also use the built-into Windows tool, Snip 'N Sketch to crop the desktop area around the images you want to post and then just attach the htree copped images to a post.

Back