• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ddram voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

if uve got quality ram such as corsairs. those wud do fine on 2.8-2.9 sum even set it to 3v. its important that uve got great case cooling. for tiny bga ram such as kingmax, the max u kud get is 2.8v.

spazzkid

ramsinks dont do crap. theyre just nice to look at :D
unless i get real results that ramsinks help, i wud say its still pure eye candy.

fUzZ bUnNy

I actually read that at some company's website about why they dont' have them. I agree but it was on the memory and I am not going to rip it off.

hipro5

spazzkid said:
ramsinks dont do crap. theyre just nice to look at :D
unless i get real results that ramsinks help, i wud say its still pure eye candy.

I will TOTALLY desagree with you my friend coz if you ran your Ram with high voltage and high frequency you have a lot of power consaption on your Memory module and it's getting warm.....Now if you play a game or ripping or raring or do some heavy stuff work the mem modules gets too warm and if you push them with extra voltage you have much more C than normal operation.....

Even with this Mod I get on the heatsinks about 43 C after about 20 min of Memtest-86 or ripping.....My VMem is 3,52 Volts...

Mem_modded1_1.jpg

Mem_modded2_2.jpg

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
I have to agree with hipro on this one. I was stuck at 166mhz with my crucial, added a fan (no heatsink), and got to 170, added a couple heatsinks and the fan, and i got to 176, but my CD-R drive didnt like it any higher than 174.