• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

De-bugging help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

I've got a borg that has been pretty flaky and I'm trying to figure out why. It is a 1.2ghz(ish) athlon running winxp. This is at work, so it is not overclocked. I used the one-click probably a month or two ago on it. After running fine for a week or two, now it seems to stop folding every 1-3 days. When I check services, usually is says the service is still running even though the cpu usage is basicly nil. I need to stop the service then restart it in order to engage the core. The log file isn't terribly useful either. Usually the frames just stop without warning. One of the stoppages said there was a communication error with the core and it deleted the unit, but I haven't seen that again. On the most recent run there were about three places the log file said "recieved unknown signal from OS, ignoring" (or something like that), but it continued to fold just fine. Any ideas on what I should try or what settings I should use?

SBs

stan03

can you post the log anyway? how old the the one click? is it set to use verbosity 9?

OP
B

BBigJ

Well it lasted through the weekend on this last run, but it finally died again. I've attached the log file, but it doensn't look too useful. It looks like there is only one crash on the log (right at the end). The other thing you can see is where I deleted all the cores and it downloaded a new one (right after the crash.)

SBs

Attachments

• FAHlog.txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 50