• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead bios, who has AWDflash???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ls7corvete

At a recent overclock attemp my bios died.

The checksum recovery is working but the flash utility I downloaded is meant to be run from a dos command line with a argument that contains the bios filename. The checksum recovery doesnt boot the system it just runs the flash utility automaticaly!!!

Anyone have the right utility to use???

This is a chaintech 7nil1.

BTW i checked, there is no utility on the cdrom.

That guide covers a boot block that loads a ms-dos boot disk. My bootblock just autoloads the awdflash.exe utility.

AFAIK, the procedure is the same for all Award Bootblock BIOSs.

What does it say on your screen when you boot up?

:bios checksum error,

detecting floppy drive:

media found

autoloading awdflash.exe"

Then loads the program, then program says "source file not found.

Most newer motherboards have a flash utility onboard, so it sounds as though the bootblock is able to access and run the built in version of Awardflash.

Have you tried just the BIOS file on the floppy? I think that should be all you would need.

My 8K3A+ has Awardflash built in. But you can also use a standard BIOS flash utility on the floppy, and flash the BIOS the old fashioned way. The same may be true for bootblock recovery.

If loading just the BIOS file on the floppy doesn't do the trick, why not go ahead and try the routine described in the link? It wouldn't take very long, and it might work.

Either way, be sure and use the commands they recommend "a:\backup.bin /py /Sb /sn /cc /cp /cd /R". "Backup.bin" would of course be changed to the actual name of the BIOS file.

Here is a breakdown of Awardflash commands (scroll down a little) http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=92578 .

Last edited:
Back