• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dead, not pwer supply ,starting to worry......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

dead, not power supply ,starting to worry......

I have a serious problem. I had a P4PE board that started stopping and just shutting off, so finally it quit working altogether. So a sugestion was made that it might be the power supply. I took out the P4PE and put in a P4S333 with just the mem and vid card, it started..... then I wrote this, below and thought I better explain more, >>>>>>>>>>.
I took out that P4PE board and loaded in a P4S333. I only put in two sticks of memory, and the vid card. I got the thing to power up. Then while it powers up, it says, thank you to ASUS, that the self check is done, and it brings up a window that says it didn't shut down last time right, so do I want to start windows normally, as soon as I hit enter, the whole thing freezes....... I have repooted, ten times, and still the same thing. SO I take the boot disks for xp, load them, then everytime it goes to load the cd, nothing happens.....did i ruin a hardrive....it wasn't the power supply , like I thought.......help:eek:

UPDATE>> I just put some of the hardware in another motherboard, and spent most of the time, reformatting the hardrive, somehow it lost all it info, but now I have a system back on it, I am going to try to put the P4PE back in the machine and see if it works. It wasn't the power supply, dont know what happened, but I will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
Back