• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Silverstone Zeus SST-ST56ZF Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MVC

I had one of these PSUs die about a week ago. It would have been 4 years old next month--it was my oldest one. It worked perfectly right up until it died, but I'm wondering.... I've got 2 more of these, are they too going to die at ~4 years old? They'll reach that age over the next 12-14 months.

Does anyone have one of these that's over 4 years old? What's a reasonable lifetime for one of these? and should I start looking at sales so that I've got a backup on hand for when another one dies in the relatively near future? I don't want to buy a PSU as a spare a year before I may need it, but I'd also rather buy one on sale at my convenience rather than paying the going price when the old one dies.

I've got 2 more of these, are they too going to die at ~4 years old?

Probably not.

Does anyone have one of these that's over 4 years old? What's a reasonable lifetime for one of these?

Yes... me. 6-7 years isn't unreasonable for an OEM Etasis unit.

Thanks for the info! With the economy the way it is I'm trying to avoid unnecessary expenses.

FWIW, I replaced it with a Corsair CMPSU 650HX. I'm still not sure how much I like modular, but the two 520HX PSUs I've got in folding machines are running without issues, so.... And the price was reasonable--less than I paid for the Silverstone 4 years ago.

BTW, does anyone have a use for this thing? It's long out of warranty so if no one wants it I'm just going to harvest the connectors and put the rest in the recycling bin.

Back