• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Z-680's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kronos138

I've had the rig for just over a month. I hardly even pushed it at all. Then yesterday I was watching a video and there was a deep popping sound like if you turned on the set with the volume set high and then all I got was silence. It's not my sound card or any of the connections. I tried the 'test' button on the remote to see if the speakers could do anything but even that didn't work. The control pod has the 1.1.2 revision of the firmware. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of the problem or experienced it first hand. The silence is deafening and I think my hearing might be returning!!! Please help...

have you tried the speakers with other audio sources?

-trying cutting the power to them and letting them cool off (worked for me when i still used computer speakers)

CircuitBreaker8 said:
Thats why I always have active cooling next to my sub amp = ) Your amp probably shorted, but like the above poster said, let it cool off a bit.

Active cooling almost certainly wont prevent failure if you have a short across the outputs of the amplifier....

Back