• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent low profile GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

I would like to put a GPU in my son's computer which is currently using the internal GPU on an i5-3470 (Intel 5200) but I'm not sure which to buy. He doesn't do much but play World of Warships and other games like Portal, etc so nothing too demanding. I'm looking for a small bump in performance if possible so anyone with low profile gpu experience please chime in. Thanks in advance.

How wide can the card be? Your choice is limited if you need a true single slot, one slot bracket plus one slot wide HS/Fan. If that's not the case there are more options for single-slot bracket, double-slot wide HS/Fan or a full double-slot wide. Remember, even if you have the space, a double-slot wide HS/Fan will cover any adjacent slot so you won't ever be able to use it.

For dual-slot bracket and dual-slot HS/Fan, look at this MSI GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5.

For single-slot bracket but dual-slot HS/Fan, look at this MSI 750TI 2GD5TLP 2GB GDDR5.

For true single-slot, including the HS/Fan, I picked up this MSI GT 730 2GB GDDR5.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. The height isn't my main concern, rather the width so those work perfect. The sad part is I have searched newegg multiple times with no good results. :bang head

Here's what I had to deal with in my Xeon mini ITX box. I picked up the MSI GT 730 I linked which just fits right above the SFX PSU.

Mini ITX SingleSlot.jpg

Back