• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decided to try my pump In-Line today........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

.......And I'm pretty disapointed. With some many people running their watercooled systems in this manner, I figured I'd give it a try too.

I left the pump running for 6 hours before I turned on the computer. It took about 90-120 mins for most of the air bubbles to get purged. With my res, I can purge most of the bubbles in less then 45 secs.

I also noticed the pump and heater core were slightly warm to the touch. While using my 6x6x4 res, I never had that problem.

After booting up to windows and running seti and other programs to warm up the CPU, my temps are now about 5-6c higher then before.

I'm going to leave it inline for now, but after my 6x6x6 acrylic res is made, I'll be going back to RES wonder land.

THESE ARE JUST MY EXPERIENCES!!!!

TonyMc

I have always liked a res over inline too. My first setup was inline and always took a long time to purge, but like you said, with a res it only takes about 45 sec. and it's done. As far as temps go I didn't notice a difference just easier to purge.

Albigger

that actually seems to be the opposite of what i would think would happen in my particular setup, though I haven't tried.

Feeling my danner mag 7 (running inline) the body feels quite hot, but most of the heat is near the back of the pump, away from the impeller part. If I were to put this in a res, I would think the heat would get dispersed into the water moreso than running inline.

again though, that's just my hunch with my particular setup. and if you had a big enough res it wouldn't matter anyhow

OP
SemiCycle

SemiCycle

I'm using the baby brother of your pump (danner model2) and it seems to work perfect for me. You model 7 is putting out a TON more heat then my pump, so you are probably right. I sometimes put my finger in the water of the res after running the system a couple hours and it seem to be same temp as a cup of water I would leave on the desk for a couple hours.

There are many other factors as to why my system isn't cooling as good as others though. I have my heatercore mounted at the top of my case using only "pulled" air. Underneither the heatercore, there is an empty drive bay with a bay cooler (3x 40mm fans). I know this isn't the best setup, but it is the best way I could mount my water cooling gear and maximize the available space in the case.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128132&highlight=finally