• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

deciding on card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

I have a 9600 pro right now that i got for free and im debating on whether to keep it and overclock it or would it be worth to step up to a 9800np or a 9800 pro.

Hurk

If you can play the games that you want to play with the settings you want to play with and at the resolution you want to play with... why bother?

If it can't do what you want it to do.. upgrade as needed. I don't know your system specs, but I'd image before you spend more money on a new videocard, I'd upgrade CPU/Memory/MoBo before I go any higher.

OP
J

Jibby

ive got a very good system no upgrade needed here. i just keep forgetting to put it in my sig. ive got an nf7-s and an unlocked 2500 barton and mushkin 3500 lvl II running at 228X11.5 water-cooled.

the reason i was thinking to upgrade is becuz i can sell this 9600 pro to a friend if a better card like the 9800np/pro can be overclocked further. i jsut want a new card for under 250 that can be overclocked nicely.

OP
J

Jibby

is the 9800 pro very overclockable and also i was gonna get the regular ati card but i heard saphire was really good too. any comments? also any sites where i can find a cheap 9800 pro?

Hurk

Jibby said:
is the 9800 pro very overclockable and also i was gonna get the regular ati card but i heard saphire was really good too. any comments? also any sites where i can find a cheap 9800 pro?

ATI for Canadians (Me) has AMAZING RMA support. The difference between Sapphire and BBA aren't much, just look at what's included.

If you can upgrade for a few bucks.. it's always a good idea to. The 9700 nonpro, 9700 pro, 9800 nonpro and 9800 Pro are all amazing. You can't really beat the value of the 9800 Pro right now. It usually overclocks to XT levels pretty easily.