• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

decisions, decisions.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

ok guys, need some opinions........if you could get an xp1700 for the price of an xp1600 agoia, what would you do....... agoia or xp1700?

Good question.

I still need to see more o/c results from the XP1700 tbred before I can make a decision. I know that a very good XP1600+ can come very close to 2ghz on air.

hmmm well some places have the 1700 tbred now.
that or a 1600 is a hard time deciding over.
but a plain 1700 is no match for a agoia 1600.

well i just noticed this.your h20 cooled get the 1700 tbred.
its gonna heat up more with smaller core but i think if u can keep it under control itll do 2ghz easy and pobaly more.
thus beating a 1600. and itll be a tbred also wich in the long run will carry a little better resale value also.

so the t'bred will overclock better if kept cooled, better than agoia?

well if u talk to the guy here who had the mobile 1600 tbred he was doing 2.2 i think. can someone remind me who it was?and what mhz he got?

he was h20 also.everything is a crap shoot in ocing. i might be wrong. im just saying where id lay MY money.

THe theory is that the t-berd core XP1700 has a higher core limit clock speed than a palo XP1600 core. Therefore it should give you more room to overclock, since it seems to be a underclocked core.

I dont think most or your average Agoia will do 2 ghz on air, it seems like a bit of a exagration to me. It seems however most if not all (with good component) will hit between 1700 mhz to 1800 mhz, with exceptional ones (with high voltage) reaching 1800+ mhz.

gtsimmo said:

I dont think most or your average Agoia will do 2 ghz on air, it seems like a bit of a exagration to me. It seems however most if not all (with good component) will hit between 1700 mhz to 1800 mhz, with exceptional ones (with high voltage) reaching 1800+ mhz.

I said a very good xp1600+ will O/C CLOSE to 2ghz. Mine on air is at 1963mhz. The only 1700+ tbred I know of could only get to 2.03ghz w/ h2o. I know of XP1600+ chips running over 2ghz w/ h2o cooling.

Like I said, the jury is still out on the XP1700 tbred.

The other thing that needs to be considered is that the XP1700 Tbred will be a Tbred A and not a TBred B and again although it is too early to decide (until we can compare TBred A's and B's of XP1800, XP2000-XP2200) I would think that the TBred B will be better (otherwise why bring out a revised core!)

Back