• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dedicated PhysX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I have talked about this before, but now I actually have a card to use. I traded some fans and a controller I had collecting dust for my friend's GT 630 he had collecting dust. I installed the newest drivers for my now single GTX 970 and for the GT 630, but it still shows that there is a problem with the GT 630 in device manager. It also does not show up in the Nvidia Control panel for me to set to PhysX. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I got this card for FREE. So any gains, no matter how small are worth it for me. I understand many games won't take advantage of the card anyway.

Just used DDU, no change.

Last edited:
OP
BlueNostromo

BlueNostromo

I have my 970 in the top slot, and my 630 in the 16x slot right beneath it

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Does it show up properly in the BIOS?
Does it work by itself?

ATMINSIDE

What does it show in Device Manager (screenshot, please)

ATMINSIDE

When you tried the GPU by itself which slot did you use?
Have you tried it in the bottom PCIe slot?

OP
BlueNostromo

BlueNostromo

Kept it in the same second slot. I have not tried it on the bottom slot and I am not sure that I can

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
What does gpu-z show for pci-e slots for the 630 when you have both cards installed.

OP
BlueNostromo

BlueNostromo

Yes, I used Display Driver Uninstaller.

Also, I am unsure why it says PCI-E 1.1 ... Though I dont know if that would be a problem anyway.

Mr.Scott

Beamed Me Up!
Code 43 is driver error or bad hardware.
Try an older driver......much older.
Realistically, you're wasting your time. Any of the newer cards can handle PhysX much more efficiently than a separate card.
The more plumbing you add makes it easier to stop up the drain. ;)

Kenrou

Code 43 is driver error or bad hardware.
Try an older driver......much older.
Realistically, you're wasting your time. Any of the newer cards can handle PhysX much more efficiently than a separate card.
The more plumbing you add makes it easier to stop up the drain. ;)

+1 to this, if you were rocking a newer model, say a 660+, you MIGHT get a modest bump in fps, as it stands it will only give you instability and a bigger electric bill :(

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
One thing I would point out is a few years back some testing was done that shows that if you try to use a card for dedicated PhysX that is not powerful enough to keep up with the main card it actually hurts performance. This was proven with a 580 and a 460 doing physx which is a much smaller performance gap than a 970 and 630. I would just skip on this unless you just need to add more monitors than your 970 can support.