• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Definitive answer needed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
I'v posted many times abou this subject, but never really got any help. As I said before I have a barton 3200 with a Volcano 12 Extreme and 1024mb Corsair XMS C2. Can I get this up to 2400 stable? If so which voltage, fsb, multiplier should I try? ALSO most important what ram timings should I be rrunning on my NF7-S Rev 2.0. Stock they came 3-3-3-8. Should I put it back to this or something else for 2400? I want 2400 because it seems safe. I really do not want to fry this cpu. Right now my temps go full load at around 44C. PLEASE I REALLY NEED A DEFINITIVE ANSWER.

asdasd

no one can tell you if it will hit 2400 stable. you have to do all the experimenting youself. however, heres a good way to find out your maximum stable overclock. first lower your multiplier to the lowest your can go. then find your ram's limit by increasing the fsb until it isn't memtest or prime stable. then you should try to tighten the timings while keeping it stable. once you find your memory's max, increase the multiplier until you can't get it stable. once you encounter instablity, you should up the voltage until stable. as for how much voltage is too much, the answer would be go with however much your comfortable with.

cheers

Xenocide

are you sure its unlocked? because lowering the multipler does not mean it unlocked. its only unlocked if you can go to a higher mult than what its stock at (11 i belive)

OP
Jarlaxe

Jarlaxe

Disabled
asdasd, thanks but that doesn't help me that much. I really do not want to expirement a whole lot. I just want a memory timing, fsb, vcore, multiplier. Just give me a number for those where I can get 2300-2400. Thanks

dicecca112

then overclocking is not for you. Overclocking is not an exact science. Every chip runs differently. Look at the mobiles, you can get tons of different results from the same stepping.

fateshammer

I'm with asdasd and dicecca112. OC'ing is all about experimenting in the first place, i believe you know that. What works for one setup doesnt necessarily work for another setup perfectly. Sure, anybody can just tell you "Pump up the voltage to this, tighten your timings to that,up your fsb to there, etc". But that is just steering you half-blind, cause only you know your hardware. Anyone can give you numbers and figures, and you apply those, but if your computer explodes in your face what then? I for one would not help you cut corners, this way I'm helping you not to nuke your rig by going the hasty route. Please don't take this in a negative light. And about your multiplier, when you change it bios, does it also change in CPU-Z or WCPUID in windows? If yes, then its really unlocked.