• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delid-Die-Mate 2 to the market

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

Already have the rockit 88... looks to work on same principle. Still, more choices help.

Rainwater

Ya I'm thinking getting one. There is another tool I saw that looks even easier to use but I have an old Amd quad core Athlon just laying around that I think I'm going to slap together. (It pretty much is together. Board, 4gb ddr2, cm cooler, etc.) Just need to dig up an hdd and slap it all in a case which I have a couple but I think I just wanna build a bench. I have a buddy that has an old i7 3960x he said he'd sell me for 120$!!!! I wanna build a test bench and use that for a test bench or use it to join the Benching team. Anyway I digress, I'm gonna run a couple benches jot down temps and such and De-lid the Amd for practice (without a tool) run more tests compare, and make a decision on whether or not to do it to my 6700k. If I totally mess it up then I'll buy the tool lol

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
You are going to want to check on how that amd chip is attached. A lot of the older chips were soldered on and not glued. This tool is not for soldered chips, you would most likely tear the die away from the pcb if you tried it with a soldered chip.

Rainwater

Ya I was thinking about that. Thank you. I'm actually about 85% percent confident I could do my 6700k successfully without a tool but heck the De-Lid tools are pretty cheap so I may just hold off and get one.

OP
XRogerX

XRogerX

wow i posted something somewhat useful lol , i should get a donut lol

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I hope he brings it to the states, anybody have a link to one available here?

OP
XRogerX

XRogerX

Available starting February 22nd for*29.90€

trying to find it for the US

Edit
listen the video at the end he did say it will be Available
to the US in about 4 weeks so I'm guess from the time that video was
posted so around the same time as Feb 22nd

Last edited:

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
2 days later should be in Poland but I bet that local store gets it also from caseking.de ... for some reason in PL it costs 20% less so I ordered one ( not sure if I use it on my current cpu but who knows )