• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delid using liquid metal i5 4690k 5ghz overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've passed furmark but crashed in gaming. Took me a while to figure it out.
Furmark doesn't stress test too well.

Though there is a CPU "Burner" stress test option in Furmark, it is really designed to stress the GPU.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Hi guys!!!
I think i won't try to squeeze any more hz out of my cpu.
Running IBT with furmark for a lot of time to check system overall stability.
100% stable, 5005mhz 1.385volts.
Now it's time to Bios mod my g1 gaming gtx 980ti!!!!! :D
View attachment 202557View attachment 202558View attachment 202559

For IBT to be a reliable indicator of overclock stability you need to run it in at least "High" stress test mode and increase the iteration cycle number from 10 to like 30. Even so, there are better stress testers out there for modern CPUs that apply more realistic stress test methods. The latest version of IBT came out back in 2012. IBT is really a "burner" that produces very high temps when configured so as to really do a good job.

Though there is a CPU "Burner" stress test option in Furmark, it is really designed to stress the GPU.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

For IBT to be a reliable indicator of overclock stability you need to run it in at least "High" stress test mode and increase the iteration cycle number from 10 to like 30. Even so, there are better stress testers out there for modern CPUs that apply more realistic stress test methods. The latest version of IBT came out back in 2012. IBT is really a "burner" that produces very high temps when configured so as to really do a good job.
Hi,
I use occt to test long runs
I usually do maximum in IBT for 10, 20min too

Back