• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2408 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

My monitor goes into standby and out of it consistently every time I turn on the computer or return from idle. Only fix is to turn it off then on but sometimes it takes 2-3 times for it to work. It's been a problem for a while now but just never got to finding a fix. Is this problem related to the monitor or graphic card? My graphic card artifacts while playing CS 1.6 lol.

RJARRRPCGP

My monitor goes into standby and out of it consistently every time I turn on the computer or return from idle. Only fix is to turn it off then on but sometimes it takes 2-3 times for it to work. It's been a problem for a while now but just never got to finding a fix. Is this problem related to the monitor or graphic card? My graphic card artifacts while playing CS 1.6 lol.

Sounds like your Dell LCD could have bad caps. Bad caps in LCD monitors, that problem seems to be getting common. :(

http://badcaps.net