• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Dimension 8100 Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r4fo

I have a Dell Dimension 8100 Case laying around..but no standard ATX Mobo will fit..any ideas on how to mod this case??? pics, links whatever..
thx

rtrg

case

Dell's mobos are NON STANDARD ATX sized boards. In addition the original PSU is 250 watt, and uses a 24 pin MOLEX AND a 16 pin MOLEX. The wires on the connector are also NON STANDARD in respect to the pin $s and what voltages they carry. Your only real solution is to buy either an 8100 mobo part # 25REH or a OPTIPLEX GX400 board part # 4H665. The only difference is the presence of on board audio on the 400 board. Both boards use APG style video cards, but in a pinch you can use a PCI card. These boards are quirky. The do not always detect the video card. Sometimes it is a matter of swapping cards until you find one that works. Also the on board nic does not always work. A nic card will solve that issue, preferably if you have the cd to go with it in case the OS cannot load the drivers. A lot of issues with these boards. These are the ONLY boards that will fit that case. As far as modding I do not think it will be possible. Not only does the STANDARD board mount differently but the access hole in the rear and the card support are probably not correct either. I speak from hard won experience! I will then offer to BIUY the empty case with PSU if you have it IF you are willing to sell it cheap and ship it to me. Reply to [email protected]. Thanks.