• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DELL EPP Inspiron 530 Desktop Q6600 Quad 2.4 GHZ, 250GB HD + 24" 1920x1200 E248WFP, o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

DELL EPP Inspiron 530 Desktop Q6600 Quad 2.4 GHZ, 250GB HD + 24" 1920x1200 E248WFP, o

Ripped from slick deals

Hi

This deal was posted before in the forums here http://forums.slickdeals.net/show...hlight=epp but it was hard to find so I'm reposting, credit goes to maw101 for noticing this deal and the original op. It's basically a quad core 6600 with a 24" E248WFP screen (1920x1200, 5ms, HDCP, TNT PANEL) + a 250 hard drive and dvd burner. Everything else is standard barebones. The monitor alone goes for ~350 on fleabay.

Notes:
  • The Inspiron 530 with a Quad comes with a 350W power supply that should handle a video card up to an 8800gt without upgrade (I'm running an x800xl that consumes around the same).
  • Also the Quad is G0 stepping (lower consumption + use the Bsel mod to bring it to 3 GHZ on air completely stable).
  • The Bad: This system does not support more than 3.2 gb of RAM, regardless of the operating system (the motherboard is crippled frown.gif )).
Start here:

Request 10% coupon from here http://eppcoupons.rjk.com/March10/

If your email doesn't qualify, write to [email protected] requesting the coupon (like I did, took a day to get it). ANYBODY CAN GET THE COUPON, JUST MAKE UP A COMPANY OR GIVE YOUR UNIVERSITY NAME AS THE COMPANY.

After you got the 10% coupon:
  • Go here: HERE:
    (if link doesn't work just go through epp website, choose k12 if you don't have an id, and choose desktop, inspiron 530 and then the one configured at 489)
  • choose Vista Basic, downgrade the keyboard (-$10), remove the memory card reader (-$20) and add the 24" LCD (+$440)...you end up at $1019 before discounts.
  • Apply $300 off $999 coupon 55CCDLXT1?JBTX at checkout
  • Apply 10% OFF EPP coupon (for Inspiron Desktops) you requested before
  • Receive 2% EPP member discount
  • Use DPA for additional 4% discount (do the DPA TRICK, choose first to pay by credit card then you should see an offer to save 4% when paying by DPA.
The specs are

Dell Inspiron 530
PROCESSOR Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic - English
MONITOR 24 inch E248WFP Entry Widescreen Digital Flat Panel Monitor
MEMORY 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
VIDEO CARD Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
KEYBOARD & MOUSE Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included
MODEM & WIRELESS 56K PCI Data Fax Modem

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB), Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic - English $1,019.00

Save $300 on select Inspiron Desktop purchases $999 or more! -$300.00

10% off Select Inspiron Desktop systems priced $649 and above! -$71.90

Sub Total $647.10

Additional Discounts and Coupons
Receive 2% off systems priced less than $800 with 1/2yr At-Home service! - $12.42
Save 4% when you buy online and pay with Dell Preferred Account! - $25.88

Free Ground Shipping on Select Inspiron Desktops!

I got mine for a little over 650. Going to throw 4GB in this and make it a virtual server.

Heh, i should buy that, swap out CPU's with it, sell the monitor and give to the parents....hmmm, good find!

It says the motherboard only reads 3.2GB regardless of OS. Did you miss that!?

Either way, hell of a deal!!!

I did miss that. Why is that? Anyway, I'm sure I'll end up changing the mobo and psu once I upgrade my main rig.

PC should bring $500-$550 on ebay, monitor should get you $325+ or so. So even if you buy and resell, it's a decent investment

I just bought this, if nothing else for the Q6600 and 24" monitor. Great deal and just wanted to give a big THANKS for posting it!

John C.

You're welcome.

Mine should be coming in today. Though I'm a little confused because my tracking info says this
upl6020765845.jpg

If I'm reading this correctly, it made its way to HI and then was sent back to CA :confused:

Edit: Nevermind... Went outside and the boxes were sitting outside my front door (I hate that they do that, last package got run over by someone)

Last edited:
It's not that I live close to the road. My house has a gate and if they cant get in, they just leave it there. Would be super easy to steal packages like that. I've called and complained to USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL asking them to hold the packages if no one answers the door. So far, only the post office has followed through. Funny thing is, I don't think anyone signed for this package. (I'm pretty sure this was signature required) Sorry to bring this thread off topic

It says the motherboard only reads 3.2GB regardless of OS. Did you miss that!?

Either way, hell of a deal!!!

I just found this according to that, it will recognize more than 3.2GB. I haven't tried it yet nor do i have my 4gb kit yet. Once I get everything all set up and I can test it, I'll report back.

(the fan on this thing is B*****ing loud. for a second there I thought i bought a poweredge instead)

It's not that I live close to the road. My house has a gate and if they cant get in, they just leave it there. Would be super easy to steal packages like that. I've called and complained to USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL asking them to hold the packages if no one answers the door. So far, only the post office has followed through. Funny thing is, I don't think anyone signed for this package. (I'm pretty sure this was signature required) Sorry to bring this thread off topic

2 Weeks ago I ordered a 37" Vizio TV from dell. Well needless to say they messed up the price and wouldn't give me the $30 discount so to "correct" it they sent a 2nd TV at the correct price and told me to refuse delivery on the first one. It was shipped DHL and at 8pm at night I gave up on the delivery day either TV would come let alone to refuse shipment on one.
I went to the video store and when I got back at 10pm both were laying on the front porch no signature or anything( nice huh! $1700 of TV's just on a porch by the road!) I called DHL and said Dell said sig was required and they told me DHL is a signature free delivery service and that the delivery guy signs for it by putting location, time and any details when left into the signature line, like mine was this( minus the address following the TN)
Delivered to: Residence Door
Signed for by: LD FD-TN
LD stands for Local delivery man, FD means Front Door and TN is of course Tennesee.

So if you order Dell and think you will have to sign, be forewarned. It may be there without you knowing about it when at work or play!

This is patently untrue...requiring a signature is an "add-on" though. Might wanna check with Dell as to whether this extra service was indeed requested or not ;)

Ahh ok, Dell did indeed show on the order information signature delivery required and when DHL did the shipping and I clicked the signature details it showed me :
Signed by codes ...

If the recipient's name has been entered on delivery, that will be displayed in this line. Otherwise, use the list below to decipher the signed by codes.
LD Locally Delivered
FD Front Door
SD Side Door
BD Back Door
GAR Garage
LOF Left per Letter on File at Station
LPN Left per Signed note or Attempted Delivery Notice
Please note that DHL@home shipments do not have signature service

I think it was the DHL at home delivery he was referring to on as to why they just left both TV's with no signature when Dell said it was required. At least DHL did come the next day and pick the extra TV without question and send it back pronto.
It just caught me off guard as for once I was actually wanting signature delivery!

Hey, thanks for posting the deal, my mom needed a new PC, I hope she likes her new Quad core, which will only see Internet Explorer. aint that a shame.
When I ordered my monitor from DELL, the DHL guy left a doortag to come and get it, I live in an apartment though.

Last edited:
Back