• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell SB Ultrasharp 2005FPW Monitor $334

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mdogs444 said:
I ordered mine on the 29th, over the phone because the coupons were expired. Got mine for 345$ shipped, and it was delivered to my house today. lol

Just too bad I wont be using it as its already on ebay.

How on earth?... I called on the 29th when the coupon was expired and the guy told me best he could do was $376 shipped?

ordered on the 29th. Mine is sitting in front of me as I type. I must say I'm in love and no dead pixels :)

gixxer420 said:
as of right now i see none
check the corners, I know mine's got it, I just havn't decided if it's enough to bother me yet

PS- to check set the background to just solid black, 'n watch to see the difference between the middle 'n corners

Why do you guys search out things that will bother you in the end? If he doesnt see it then let it go. :p I know if I didnt see it and you all told me to look for defects that would drive me nuts, I would be a lil upset when I found em.

JT

Wow what a nice monitor... too bad I got a Samsung 712n not that long ago. Widescreen is totally sweet. What is the ms response time on that puppy anyways? I don't see it in the specs, but I may be overlooking it.

For backlight bleeding i just set the screen saver to totally black with nothing going on.

If it still worked, I woulda bought two and given em out for xmas :D

I can't find any dead pixels on my display but that doesn't mean there isn't any. The backlight also bleeds but it isn't very bad and I'm not so sure if it isn't simply because I can't get the room totally black, if I look at it from a different angle, the 'bleeding' disappears, which suggest to me that it isn't really bleeding, but that the screen geometry may not be perfect (i.e. it isn't perfectly flat) and that the anti reflective coating sucks. My notebook has backlight bleed, and you can look at it from any angle and see it, this is of a somewhat different nature.

I'm satisfied, but not that impressed, I must say it makes menial tasks much more enjoyable as everything looks sharp and eye strains seems lesser, plus the illusion that you have a lot more screen real estate, but as for gaming, I don't think it is any better. pixel response is noticeable but not bothersome and color is adequate but incomparable to a crt still. I think it is just a fundamental limitation of lcds that they aren't that great at high motion video & colour range, despite what engineers try to do to work around it.

Back