• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell standard vs wide-gamut 27"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RLCCM

Hi everyone
So im in the process of getting a replacement monitor and have narrowed to 2:

The new u2717d (£460)
Or
The dell up2716d (£370) wide gamut which is usually considered to be the premium option - but in this case actually costs me £90 less!

I know in some situations the up2716d will give marginally the better colour/picture quality on the whole, and has a faster reponse time ( just a minor consideartion) so should I be snapping it up at the cheaper price?
Or will the wide-gamut monitor cause occasional annoying oversaturation in places?

I dont need it for professional use - just want the best picture quality i can buy to be better on the eyes over hours of use!

Thanks in advance

Jeff G

They're very similar monitors. The u2717d is a Samsung panel, whereas the up2716d is an LG. I prefer Samsung panels, some prefer LG (personal preference). The u2717d also has slightly less response time, but trades off with a higher input lag.
Both are 27" 2560x1440 monitors, and at the end of the day both are great options. I'd go with the one that costs less.

OP
R

RLCCM

Yes very similar indeed - the only real difference is the colour gamut of the up2716d