• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell XPS 15 15.6" 4K display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If only I had a reason to upgrade laptops... lol

My Dell Vostro 3450 is still chugging along just fine for my use, but this is a sweet piece!

Quoth the server, 404.

Eh, like I had $1500 to swing anyway. i7, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD, 4k display for that much? I think someone made a mistake...

Go buy one is what's up. If I didn't live in Canada, I would snap that up in an instant.

It is in-store only, they do deals like this all the time at Microcenter.

Link comes up for me. If I had $1500 and a Micro Center I'd be all over it. LOL The ad says the regular price is $1649.99, which still doesn't seem bad with a GTX 960 GPU thrown in.

Link comes up for me. If I had $1500 and a Micro Center I'd be all over it. LOL The ad says the regular price is $1649.99, which still doesn't seem bad with a GTX 960 GPU thrown in.

Which is the regular in store price for microcenter, its way more direct from Dell or at other retailers.

960M, not 960. BIG difference. Laptop versions of desktop cards typically totally suck. For example, userbenchmark.com gives the Nvidia 560 and 470 a higher average effective performance rating.... the 960M is probably only going to give you low settings on most games.

The "m" makes it different. Can't say I find it misleading at all. It's like complaining about not knowing the difference between a Mustang, a Mustang gt, or a Mustang cobra.... come on now! :)

I see 960 and think 960. I just assumed it was only the chip instead of (obviously) a discrete card, hence the M for mobile. I thought the GPU chip was the same. I thought it was the difference between a blue Mustang GT and a red Mustang GT. :) And they called it a 960 for a reason. If it isn't the same chip then I wonder why they used the same designation? Hmmm... LOL

I see 960 and think 960. I just assumed it was only the chip instead of (obviously) a discrete card, hence the M for mobile. I thought the GPU chip was the same. I thought it was the difference between a blue Mustang GT and a red Mustang GT. :) And they called it a 960 for a reason. If it isn't the same chip then I wonder why they used the same designation? Hmmm... LOL

Why would they make a whole different numbering scheme for something of the same architecture when they can add an "M" to the end and designate mobile?

I don't want to go too far afield here, and I'm the one learning not teaching, but it's the same number. I haven't paid much attention to nVidia until recently so it's all new to me. :)

Back