• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 80mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wildfire

Any of you guys tried the Delta 80mm, it's supposed to push 68 CFM but be to power comsuming for the fan headers. And really noisey. Worth it??

The Delta 80mm Focused Flow Fan is excellent for cooling heatsinks, but a waste for case cooling. Yes, it is loud, especially with the case cover off, but that is the price you pay for an axial fan with power. All the Delta focused flow fans are louder than their counterparts, but they all deliver the goods.

Hoot

remember theres always the silicone trick to help with noise levels when using the Deltas, check the tips ection it can be found there. It has worked very well for me and i highly recommend it.

In my opinion the delta focused flow fan is worth it cost and sound wise. The thing that makes it so succesful is that its "focused flow" meaning that where ever you have it facing it will blow max amounts of air to that area without the air spreading. I compared to to a sanyo denki on my swiftech and the temps were 4c lower with the delta. If you have a heatsink that fits 60mm fans get a 92mm adaptor from www.plycon.com and you will get good airflow with low noise but if you have a 80mm heatsink then the delta is the way to go. Try www.sidewindercomputers.com as they have 4 deltas that come premolexed and have different speeds and sound levels.

Back