• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

delta afc1212de pinout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
T5400 memory fan -- is this diagram correct?

Just bear in mind that not all Dell Delta fans are the same PWM setup. There are a handful out there that have the appropriately colored wires, but arent PWM, or arent standard PWM. I have 2 AFB1212s from a Dell T5400 used as a hard drive cooling fan and they did not work through PWM control at least through the motherboard's output. They may have been a different voltage or reverse PWM, I dont know.

I'm simply trying to replace the Dell T5400 memory fan (I think this is what you called 'hard drive cooling fan') with a larger Noctua fan to reduce the noise level. I bought a third-party Dell fan conversion cable and the new fan runs when powered up, but the bios reports a fan error -- probably because the wiring is substituted incorrectly or maybe there is a voltage issue.

I sure would love to make this work, but my knowledge is very limited when it comes to electrical. I checked the conversion cable, and it does appear that the substitutions follow the diagram shown here. Your post suggests that not all standard fans would follow this chart.

Are you able to shed light? Many, many thanks.

BTW, I see that only the T5400 manual refers to this fan as a memory fan. The BIOS error message does call it a hard drive fan. Sorry.

Most of the 120mm Deltas I have come across use yellow for RPM and blue for PWM but I have one intended for a Daikin indoor unit that not only has those reversed but it seems to use 1kHz reverse PWM and operates erratically with the standard 22kHz or so PWM.

Just bear in mind that not all Dell Delta fans are the same PWM setup. There are a handful out there that have the appropriately colored wires, but arent PWM, or arent standard PWM. I have 2 AFB1212s from a Dell T5400 used as a hard drive cooling fan and they did not work through PWM control at least through the motherboard's output. They may have been a different voltage or reverse PWM, I dont know.
I've seen this w/a screaming loud Delta (minimum 227 CFM according to Delta) PFC1212DE, it had an inverse PWM signal, luckily speedfan has built-in functionality to deal w/this though. This fan stretched my zipties so badly it came loose from my heatsink.

Lol some fans are not suitable for zip tie mounting. I call them finger shorteners. My first PC had one on a Thermalright SLK-947U, but I had either a 7v mod or a rheostat on it. Still compared to now, that PC was so loud.

I once had my finger cut badly by one of the 92mm Vantec Tornadoes (which I think were rebranded Sunon fans). The delta PFC1212DE at full blast is much more frightening. What I've never had are the fans that can apparently levitate once powered up (because their output CFM and static pressure are so high).

Back