• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I friggin' love the Delta fans! I have the Swiftech 462A with a rheostat and I keep it turned all the way up all the time! Makes me wonder why I bought the rheostat.

Could you please type louder? I can't hear you over my Delta from hell-a.

I cut my case covers and installed a 108 cfm 120 mm, and a 55 cfm 92mm. I had difficulty distinguishing the Delta 38 from the added fan noise for a few days. Not anymore. The PEP-66 with the Delta is getting the heave -ho. Hello FOP-38 with a 42.5 cfm Sunon 80mm on it. It probably won't cool quite as well, plus I'll lose another Dimm slot. This is a shame, as I'm blessed with P3E's that seem to run hotter than a lot of other people's.

Too bad. Six months of the Delta is all I can take. If you love the sweet serenade of the Delta 38, you may not as the fan gets older. They start to waver in speed a bit. I'm gonna take the little bastid to Hawaii and drop it into a volcano. It'll have a shorter distance to travel as it returns to its proper home.

Just installed my FOP38. It isn't that much louder than my TCWO fan. I was expecting much louder :) It sounds so....industrial :)

Yeah, I just got my Delta Black Label expecting to need earplugs. I found it to be MUCH quieter than I had heard about, and I find the sound soothing and reassuring...............:)

YahooDave (Mar 25, 2001 08:45 p.m.):
I friggin' love the Delta fans! I have the Swiftech 462A with a rheostat and I keep it turned all the way up all the time! Makes me wonder why I bought the rheostat.

I have a delta on my Vantec but haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting to figure out how to modify it. What rheostat did you use? I've looked at Radioshack but those will burn out in a second, I would think.

www.jameco.com has variable potenimeters linear taper at 5 watts either 100 Ohm or 500 Ohm. I am using the 100 Ohm om each of my YS Tech 120mm If I turn them all the way down, they (the pot) get hot. I ran one with the fan on my test PSU all night turned down. It was hot, but it won't melt plastic. If the fan is rated at 5W or less you will be OK. My 120mm are rated 7.98W, so they are a little much for the pots.

has anyone tried one of thouse noise cancelation technology headsets

it takes a sampling of any repeating noise ( like the fan) and pumps out a inverse sound wave there for canncling out the noise

i know they make them in head phone format

im trying right now to get a pair to toy with maybe rig it threw my sound card to play threw my speakers or just put it right inside the case

tell me what you think

i estimate that ill be be done with this project by the end of next week

( every thing in this backwater town shuts down at 9 and i have work and class till like 10 so i going to try on the weekend to get the parts)

[/quote]

I have a delta on my Vantec but haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting to figure out how to modify it. What rheostat did you use? I've looked at Radioshack but those will burn out in a second, I would think.[/quote]

Ya know, I didn't look. I bought it with my Swiftech 462A HSF. Try looking here: http://www.swiftnets.com/
This is where I bought mine. It might tell you. Or you could just order it from them.

The Delta sounds sweet, like some deliscious candy, until you lay your head down to sleep...
I've actually had nightmares about pc parts chasing me with little saws trying to cool me down or something. Not sure what they were going to do, I was to busy running to try to figure it out. But soon I shall have the blessing that is watercooling...as soon as my pc is fixed, that is.

www.caseect.com has a lot of electrical items including the rherostats. The Swiftech Delta Fan is a special designed 80mm 69cfm fan. It has a section that the blades are fixed to straighten out the air to force it directly down on the heatsink. At high speeds, this is why it whines some & has a 48dba level at full blast.

Pat

Maybe I'll get used to it, but I'm around C-5 jet engines and APUs and I would rather listen to that then the shrill of this fan when I'm trying to play a nice relaxing, soothing game of Q3A Excessive.

Crash, those DSP noise cancelling headphones work great for nulling out fan noise. Now if you can get used to having your ears mashed, for long periods of computer time, you're all set. They are pricey.

Hoot

Hoot (Mar 27, 2001 10:47 p.m.):
Crash, those DSP noise cancelling headphones work great for nulling out fan noise. Now if you can get used to having your ears mashed, for long periods of computer time, you're all set. They are pricey.

Hoot

thats what im trying to get around

i want to either rig it up to a speaker by its self

or plug it so it outputs threw my speakers and it should canncle out the entire room

i dont know but i think its worth a shot

There are phase nulling systems. The problem is, the depth of the null is only at max for the spot you are sitting in at the time you adjust it. When you physically move somewhere else, the phase relationship changes and you have to readjust the null. The headphones work so good because they don't move, even though you move around with them on.

Hoot

Yah, I have a friend on campus here who's got a FOP38 and the thing is seriously loud. he used to leave his computer runningall the time, but shuts it off now when he's not using it. I dont blame him. I am in the habit of recommending 80 MM fan hack to all FOP owners.

SickBoy

Back