• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an alpha p3125 heatsink with 2 deltas and I love it.
They drive my family nuts.
ahh the sweet sound of power.

man those things don't make noise, they squel. Sounds like a jet engine or something. Very lound, but they get the job done.

Finally, my ThermoEngine came and I had to replace the stock fan with a Delta, but it's a JetEngine to me. I don't mind it that much, but I do have a question.

I have seen many reviews of the ThermoEngine with the Delta fan and they are able to get the temp down to the lower 30s, but as for me, I could never get it to work lower than 37c/108f.

Anyway, one thing I did that actually lowered the temp quite a bit is NOT TO USE THE PAD that the manual instructed to (which came with the cooler and some kind of paste). The first time I was using that pad and my temp were in the high 50s and lower 60s. Once I took that pad out and just apply some thermal grease, my temp went down about 10-15 degrees!

Back