• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta GFB1212VHW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
Possibly coming soon the Delta GFB1212VHW

Yes that is right Sidewinder Computers my have some in stock in the very near future!!!

As some of you may remember Silversinksam and myself were able to acquire some of these very rare fans a few months back. Actually according to the Delta Rep. we bought the last 12 in North America and sold them off here on the forums.

While I have continued my search for more of these beauties all my efforts have come up empty. I may have some good news though for those of you who must have some of these fans, it looks like Sidewinder Computers may be bringing some in stock in the not too distant future. As of right now they are trying to gauge interest.

Obviously the more interest, the more they will order and the cheaper they will be.

So if you missed the boat last time you may want to take advantage of this oppourtunity and voice your interest now, since I don't know when, or if ever it will come again.

CLick HERE for link to Sidewinder Computer Website.
Delta 120x76mm GFB1212VHW

OH_Yes.JPG

OMG_GFB.JPG

Intake
Intake.JPG

Exhaust
Exhaust.JPG

See thread OMG I have found them and they are on order!!! for more pics and testimonials about this one of a kind fan.

Last edited:

scott d

Don't know if I can afford a $50 fan, but I signed up for the notification. If nothing else, it'll prompt them to buy more so everyone else can get one.

Son1990

Check the carts I put up....several DB's quiter than the TFB1212GHE's you have. I have one as well....sounds like a dustbuster.

VHW=57dbs
GHE= 65dbs

OP
Electron Chaser

Electron Chaser

Senior Delta Fanatic
Maviryk said:
I have a pair of TFBs.. and they are LOUD, even at 5v. How loud are these at 5v?

The turbulence the counter rotating fans generate really dull the whine down. However these fans don't like to run down to 5 volts they won't start. They do run quietly at 7V

MaxPowers_68

if i was hard of hearing i would definetly go for one of these but yous have to have a pretty high noise tolerance for even one of these.

LordDarik

I don't see how 6 less dBA justifies $20 extra for the same airflow, either way it will sound like a tornado 4 feet from your face. They must be much quieter when undervolted or something. Can someone enlighten me?

Son1990

They are pretty quite when under volted to 7v. It cost the extra money due to the two blades, think of two delta EFB1212SHE's glued togeather :)

Alchemy1

Very interesting fan, but I don't know if I am willing to invest an estimated $50 on it.

Maviryk

Electron Chaser said:
The turbulence the counter rotating fans generate really dull the whine down. However these fans don't like to run down to 5 volts they won't start. They do run quietly at 7V

Quoted for more emphasis "They do run quietly at 7V".

This coming from a guy who uses a Delta TFB1212GHE on the Thermalright XP-120... I shudder to think what your definition of quiet is.

I would get these fans if I knew that they are capable of operating at <25dba. Currently trying to get rid of my pair of TFBs... 40dba @ 5v :bang head

JTanczos

I sadly destroyed mine when I was testing it out on sunday night. Zip tie fell in the blades and it broke 3 off before throwing it out of the way. I started to cry almost immediately yelling out several 4 letter obscenities! It was heart breaking! My voice was shakey the next 4 hours and I couldn't sleep! Did I take it way too seriously? Maybe, but that fan was cool as hell! :) They were clean breaks so maybe if I find incredibly strong plastic glue I will try to rebuild it.

I couldn't afford the first one so I probably wont buy one for $20 more.

More luck to the rest of ya!

JT