• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta GFB1212VHW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have found a supplier. After contacting and speaking with this authorized distributor concerning these fans. He contacted Delta and called me back and told me he could in fact place the order. I spoke with Gary from Sidewinder this evening and passed on the info. He is going to contact them tomorrow and see what he can come up with. I know the order can be placed but if it can be filled is another matter. So everyone keep their fingers crossed I will update when any more info is available. :clap:

My spirits are lifting. Though I no longer need these fans I still want a couple. By God my case shall hover with fan power. My current case is a 2 drawer file cabinet.

Last edited:
Update!!!

Well the fan order has been placed again, through the distributor that I found according to an email I got from Gary @ Sidewinder today.

I would say to post that the ETA for arrival is April 30th :) I am still a skeptic until I am told that they are shipping. But at least they are on order again.

So everything is looking good so far. Let's hope the order goes through this time and we will be able to buy these beauties just in time for the warm weather to get here.

the ETA for arrival is April 30th
Department of Redundancy Department :p

Outstanding news! I look forward to the chance to pick up a couple of these, I've been wanting them for a long time.

I hope I can get a few when they come out. If the order is confirmed I will start pawning stuff off just so I can get a few. :D

Any word on the TFB1212UHE?

Delta told me they won't make them unless we buy more than 3000 pcs at once. So these are a no go unfortunately.

Electron Chaser said:
Nah it works great here is a pic mounted on an XP-120

GFB_Mounted.JPG

Why would mount the fan to Suck, instead of blow onto the heatsink?

Silversinksam said:
Delta isnt the only one to make counter-rotating fans, JMC anD Sanyo Denki make them, they are equally as difficult to find with the exception of the 40mm x 50mm version that is sold for $12. I use one on my northbridge heatsink

SSS.. is there anyway you could contact your Sanyo Denki seller to see if he can order some 120mm counter rotating fans?

And I didnt reilize there was a thread here about this I put in my request to be notified about two months ago.

Hopefully Delta will own up and get these made this go round.. :cool:

-aDaM^ said:
Why would mount the fan to Suck, instead of blow onto the heatsink?

Since it is such a powerful fan It works just as well in the suck mode. Also rather then have all that heat from the heatsink just blow back down onto the MB. I instead ducted it right out of the case. It was in this configuration that I got the best temps for CPU, PWM, and case.

Well the estimated arrival date of April 30th has came and went. I spoke with Gary at Sidewinder Computers the other day on the phone and he is less then pleased about the current situation. He does not yet know when they will be in and has not heard any news but hopes they will be here shortly.

Major Update!!!!

Look for the GFB Fans to be in stock next week at Sidewinder Computers. There is of course a very limited supply of these fans so if you have been wanting one of these like many others I suggest you check Sidewinder Computer's website daily to make sure you order some.

Heh, I already told my wife I was buying one of these bad boys as soon as they get them in stock. Not that I really need it, but I can't pass up the coolness factor of these beasts. So that's one you can count on being sold when they get them. Thank god for sat internet on this rig and a credit card in my wallet. :D

Well then. Better scrounge up some funds. Do you know how many they are getting? Final price? I hope that they sell out. It might encourage Delta to make more of them.

Yeah hope Delta decides to make more of them when they sell out.

I would buy a pair, but I can't afford it right now. :rolleyes:

Good morning

It is with great pleasure I write this small newsletter, because the moment we've all been waiting for will occur this week here at Sidewinder. After many years of digging, waiting and hoping, Delta's famed GFB1212VHW, the monster 120 x 76 mm beast, is due in this week on Thursday, May 25th.

We've yet to actually see the parts first hand but the tracking numbers indicate FedEx has them and are scheduled for arrival sometime on the 25th. Barring any delays or an incorrect part (anything is possible), on the evening of the 25th, we will open them up for order on the site.

The price per unit will most likely remain the same due to AIR shipping costs from Taiwan plus ground transit here in the states. For most users, you'll only need one GFB for the whole computer. Configurations - There are two sets of fan wires, 3 each. Because of this each fan requires four connectors. We'll make them available in two flavors, 1) Standard 3 and 4 pin Molex connectors soldered with free sleeving included. 2) Bare wire, no sleeving ($1.00 discount). The power requirements of this part make it not possible to plug all three wires into motherboard headers.

If you're on this list, you'll receive one additional email on Thursday. After Thursday this list will be purged - so you'll not remain on any newsletters or future Delta product notifications. We have a strict anti-spam policy, if you'd like to be notified for other products you may signup to our newsletter by sending an email to [email protected] with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Thank you again for patiently waiting while these were built for us.

Gary Stofer
Sidewinder Computer Systems Inc.
* [email protected]
8 http://www.sidewindercomoputers.com
( +1 (317) 888-0949

For most users, you'll only need one GFB for the whole computer.
hahaha, one is never enough!

Back