• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED desktop icons randomly shifting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Anyone have an issue with their desktop icons shifting around randomly? My desk top icons are always shifting to the right. I haven't been able to find a pattern to when it happens. Sometimes when I wake my machine and sometimes when I alt tab from full screen games. Rig is in my sig running Windows 10 Version 21H1 build 19043 and nvidia drivers 472.12 . Then monitors are some benq 1080p panels with a 1440p asus panel in the center.

Not a pressing issue just a nuisance having to move them back.

See screen shots below:
Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (10).png

I had some similar issues when my computer would go to sleep. This was with an Intel Skull Canyon NUC. No issues when using my Dell P2714H monitor but often when using my Acer B346C monitor. The only fix I found was to not let the pc sleep.

It was still happening, so will give this a try I had "align icons to grids" checked. It is unchecked now, and will report back.

Back