• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Desktop Overkill - 10980XE, 64 GB RAM, 3080 Ti, water cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
Well done Thideras. That rig looks like it'll hold you over for quite a few generations.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
Nice temps. The stock cooler does the job nice and quiet, but it's amazing how much cooler a solid custom loop runs the GPUs.

Any idea on water temps and fan speeds?

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Nice temps. The stock cooler does the job nice and quiet, but it's amazing how much cooler a solid custom loop runs the GPUs.

Any idea on water temps and fan speeds?
Thanks! Not sure what the water temps are; I don't have a sensor for it. Fan speeds are set based on the CPU temperature, so it jumps around a bit.

MaddMutt

I hope you are using it instead of just playing minesweeper :rofl: Another quick advice - 45% connector on the gpu that connects to the cpu so that all possible kinks are gone.
Q - that motherboard looks small inside that Huge case. What else are you going to install? Dual gpuÂ’s?

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
I bought an Antlion ModMic in 2016, and it has been attached to my Sennheiser HD650 headphones the entire time. It has worked well, but the cable recently started having issues and it has been getting worse. The mute has also never worked correctly, and the cable would rub on my hoodie (which people could hear even with noise suppression).

My boyfriend helped me pick out new gear and I went a little overkill. We went to a local Guitar Center to test out microphones and I walked out with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen (I asked for a Solo but they handed me the wrong one) and an AKG P420. I also picked up a Blue microphone stand and bolted it to my desk.

1641143577517.png

1641143591529.png

I'm borrowing his XLR cable and pop filter for now.